The Student Room Group

Mature students - giving up work in prep for vet med?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melora ^.^=
No problem :smile:
As you'll probably be over 21 when you apply, an Access course might also be a good option - its only accepted for the 5 year course, not the Gateway, but the GCSE requirements are the same for both courses. It might be worth seeing if there is an access to Science or Access to Medicine course in your area, and finding out what the achievement rates are and if the college has ever got any previous students into Vet Med.

Thank you they do access to science at my local college but I'm thought I'd had to be out of education for 5 years before doing an access to apply? I have applied to do level 2 amimal care at a college that's on the contextual offers while I retake my English and maths gsces but I won't be able to take science as they are evening class and I don't drive and it's about an hour and half travel to college 😱 Is this a good idea or should I steer clear of doing a btec level 2 ? Thank you for all you advice:smile:
Reply 41
Yes it is doable, I wish you all the best and stay focused on getting the right range of experience.
I worked full time in the NHS for 10 years after doing my first degree however I still want to work as a vet.
Used all my annual leave over two years to gain enough experience for vet school. Got accepted at uni on the second attempt and that made the dedication feel worth it. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending