Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I guess I should elaborate as well that I'm an international student looking to get into an online Masters conversion course in Computer Science. I was wondering how strictly are entry requirements (or more specifically GPA requirements) enforced for post-graduate entry?

I have a background in Neuroscience from the University of Pittsburgh in the USA. I also have two years of professional work experience in the same field and I'm able to get a great recommendation letter from my boss as well as another good one from another investigator. However, I also have just shy of the grade point average listed on the Universities' entry requirements (2.92 vs 3.0, 3.0 being a UK equivalent of an Honours I think?). Will I be immediately filtered out?

The Universities I was looking at include:
    University of Birmingham
    University of Bristol
    Newcastle University
    University of Hertfordshire
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Contact the unis to find out how they'd view your profile. They're the only ones who can tell you if they'd be willing to consider you or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,Britain does Computer Science conversion courses, but do any other countries?
    I have found load in the UK but none abroad?

UK ones include:
    Imperial College London, University College London, Bristol University, Nottingham University etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.