The Student Room Group

Would I be able to use a laptop in an Art Exam?

I take Art as an A-level, and I often use my laptop and a graphics tablet to create digital illustrations/paintings.
I was wondering if I'd be able to create images like this in my final exam, and if so, how difficult it would be to get authorisation to use my own laptop, as I am unable to install the programs for it on the school's computers.

Thanks in advance!
It should be absolutely fine, as long as you turn off wifi/ bluetooth etc. while you're in the exam, and make sure that the sound is off so that you don't get any unwanted noises from applications starting up which could distract other people then your school shouldn't object at all. You should print a screen shot of how it is progressing either throughout the day or at least at the very beginning and very end of the day to prove that you haven't already done your final piece and just loaded the file during the exam (the whole piece has to be started and finished within the exam period) or arrange to leave your laptop with the school overnight so that you couldn't have gone away and carried on working with it at home.

So basically you may have to sort out how you are going to evidence the fact that you aren't cheating. But for an Art A-level exam they shouldn't have any objections to you using your own laptop/ graphics tablet. I used my laptop for video editing in my exam and a someone I knew used his laptop for photoshop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending