Turn on thread page Beta

Islamophobia is the greatest threat to society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why would it be the greatest threat to society? Islam itself is a bigger threat. Islamophobia wouldn't happpen if muslims didn't commit acts of terror or form grooming gangs.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal96123 didn't know Muslims were becoming a majority in UK. No lie there's a whole lotta y'all, but normally in concentrated areas. Not hardly in all of 90% white Anglican/Christian/Atheist UK...

The "dominant group?" Lol. Sounds scary.

I agree all discrimination needs to be checked at the door by the government especially, ensure equality with blacks, people of colour, especially, withOUT it becoming lopsided leaving others ignored, just so they don't complain about reverse discrimination crap. The inequality in the west, especially US and UK, is a nasty grimy spiderweb up in the corner that just keeps getting bigger and bigger that no one will go and just sweep away and clean up? It's just left unattended to get worse, with the excuse that it's not that bad. So I feel there needs to be a new, permanent, official group of representatives who make sure that mess doesn't get out of control, checking up on it everyday. Who work for the gov't and the same way they check to make sure taxes are paid, they need to survey that an equal number of people from each social group (whites, blacks, brown, women, legal working age) are all hired in businesses at the same amount, considering equal qualifications met, and attending the same school. Or yes they get penalised. Like a warning or fine or something to make sure it's done ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Can't we all just get along? It seems the more one thinks something through the further they come from basic decency. Stop thinking and start being nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Can't we all just get along? It seems the more one thinks something through the further they come from basic decency. Stop thinking and start being nice.
    That would be easier if westerners showed some effort to integrate instead of spewing fascist hate speech everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    That would be easier if westerners showed some effort to integrate instead of spewing fascist hate speech everywhere

Oh so westerners should integrate into THEIR own communities that was peaceful for HUNDREDS of years before 60's and 70's islamic immigration, but the muslims should be allowed to do what they want?

ReputationRep:
    Listen girl, to suggest Muslim girls do not have the right to wear religious satire is a sexist, racist and fascist view, you sick human being.

Also, why can't we have sharia courts in Muslim predominate areas? What happened to respecting your guests? We have religious needs and you seem hell bent on denying us them. Stupid girl
    Satire? It's attire sweetheart

The niqab isn't actually a religious thing sweetheart. It's a cultural thing Muslim girls have adopted.
    Anyway, I said the niqab not the hijab. Never seen a point in covering your face tbh when you were given a face to show identity.

Why do you need Sharia courts you daft troll? You live in the UK, you follow its legal system.

Nice to see that you've turned desperate enough to resort to insults. Mature as hell.

ReputationRep:
    islam / muslims are being attacked left , right and centre !!!

so how many muslims died as a result of a violence from the public? how many died on the night the paris attacked happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    islam / muslims are being attacked left , right and centre !!!

so how many muslims died as a result of a violence from the public? how many died on the night the paris attacked happened?

The same amount of muslims, neighbouring countries like Saudi arabia and Qatar took in during the peak of the islamic refugee crisis, forcing European countries to do something they have no obligation to do.

ZERO.

ReputationRep:
    Frankly, I'm more concerned about the innocent lives being blown up here and there than Muslim's feelings being hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I don't agree with the term as it is perfectly rational to detest and want to eradicate Islam. Hate against Muslims is a different matter and this I would term anti-Muslim bigotry, not Islamophobia.
    Agreed - Islam contributes nothing positive to a modern society and if anything is detrimental BUT I appreciate there are some law abiding Muslims. Hating Muslims and hating Islam are two completely different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxSophie01xX)
    Agreed - Islam contributes nothing positive to a modern society and if anything is detrimental BUT I appreciate there are some law abiding Muslims. Hating Muslims and hating Islam are two completely different things.

LOL, the followers of the religion of peace might try and find who you really are (since you've showed them your face) and just show you how peaceful they are.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is the greatest threat to Western society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    LOL, the followers of the religion of peace might try and find who you really are (since you've showed them your face) and just show you how peaceful they are.
    I lived in a Muslim dominant area for 12 years of my life and I'm still here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Ultimately islamophobia is born out of the actions of ISIS-owned/related terrorism (in the current feeling I mean) because they use Islam as the justification and purpose for their actions.

Without Islam there would be no islamophobia so it is not the fault of the islamophobics that there is islamophobia nor is it Donald Trump's fault.

What he is at fault for is using the general increase in islamophobia as a political tool and people are at fault for not realising that whilst Islam is ultimately at fault, the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not.
    Ultimately the terrorism of ISIS is born out of European / US foreign policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    That, in part, is responsible for maintaining the cycle of tyranny and terrorism, yes.

But to negate the influence of Islam is not really reasonable, it is a big part of this because radicalisation in this way is only possible through appealing to people's beliefs in a higher being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    But Isis rose to power in no small part due to the Arab Spring. So the domestic policies of countries outside of Europe and the us also bear responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    But Isis rose to power in no small part due to the Arab Spring. So the domestic policies of countries outside of Europe and the us also bear responsibility.
    I don't disagree.

Who bears the greater responsibility though? I would say the US for causing havoc, then trying to glue the remaining pieces unsuccessfully.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you agree with that statement?

I for one know it is true. We have a serious problem with Islamophobia. People are actively attacking Muslims and challenging Islam like it is somehow related to violence and these attacks. Muslims and Islam are the greatest victims of terror attacks. We all need to ban together to safeguard the teachings of Islam and Muslims. Responsibility seems to be placed on these when a terror attack happens but it is false. It is more accurate to lay the blame on say Donald Trump who is fuelling the attacks.
    Congrats you have made the stupidest thread of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.