Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite underrated film(s) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered what film(s) people might not know about but you like?

For me

'moonrise kingdom'- childhood romance set in 1965, it is really well directed by Wes Anderson :thumbsup:
    'remember sunday '-romantic film with a plot twist game on point:yeah:
    'now you see me'- sooooo hyped for the 2nd one coming out in June:yikes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Just wondered what film(s) people might not know about but you like?

For me

'moonrise kingdom'- childhood romance set in 1965, it is really well directed by Wes Anderson :thumbsup:
    'remember sunday '-romantic film with a plot twist game on point:yeah:
    'now you see me'- sooooo hyped for the 2nd one coming out in June:yikes:
    I have one and that is (I forgot the name) (brb)

ReputationRep:
    Cool hand luke
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Dark Skies
    The Woman in Black
    The Entity
    Without A Paddle
    Grabbers
    Flight Of The Living Dead
    Alone In The Dark
    Death At A Funeral
    The Kings of Summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a well-known film but Saturday Night Fever. A lot of people I've told about it have assumed that it's cheesy, which is kind of is, but it can be very bleak at points too.
    Also:
    Dog Day Afternoon
    A Streetcar Named Desire
    The Conformist
    Withnail and I
    Raising Arizona

Probably all quite famous and acclaimed but a lot of people don't seem to have seen them!

ReputationRep:
    Stardust- I absolutely adore that film!!

ReputationRep:
    I just love the film "What we did on our holiday" with Billy Connolly and David Tennant, but my favourite film has to be "Shawshank Redemption" (although I guess everyone's seen that)

ReputationRep:
    Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels

ReputationRep:
    The dark crystal

ReputationRep:
    Big Hero Six.. (Hear me out)

Frozen got way more attention when I think Big Hero Six is way more inspiring, showing how he got through the loss of his brother, stayed in college to achieve and put his thoughts and creations into something that ended up saving people.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No hate for Frozen fans :mob:

ReputationRep:
    the boy in striped pyjamas!! Such a powerful film in showing the affects of war

ReputationRep:
    Children of Men

ReputationRep:
    3 Idiots- Bollywood movie, and I would dare to say the be st I have seen in my life. It has everything: moments of laugh, moments of romabce, moments to cry, moments to cry and laugh at the same time, and it also raises important issues about the indian society. AMAZING and I never met anyone who have seen it too.
    PLOT: It tells the story of two friends who go on a journey to find the third one they met at university and never saw him again since then. While that, they remember some of their most marking moments in uni (studying engeneering btw) and how this lost guy influenced their lives)

Hope somebody actually watch it.
    PS,: I apologise for all the mistakes I have probably made, I am portuguese ahah
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Whiplash. Amazing movie who knew drumming could be so intense.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the film Pride and Prejudice + Zombies, but everyone I know did not like it.

ReputationRep:
    Shrek 2 - Dreamworks best film and if it was a pixar film I would put it up there with Up, Wall-E, Toy Story etc. IMDB gives this a 7.2 but I think 8.2 or a little higher.
    Hot Fuzz - Usually I prefer IMDB ratings over Rotten Tomatoes, but a 7.9? A 7.9?? This is a 9.0 at least and imo a 10/10. 91% on Rotten Tomatoes is better but still should be higher. This movie is flawless.
    Alien Vs. Predator - a 5.6 or something on IMDB. This a pretty solid film and gave the fans what they wanted. Some pretty awesome fight scenes and an interesting story. The first act is a little slow however and the acting apart from the main character isnt too good. I would give it 6.5-6.8
    Rush Hour 3 - Usually considered the weakest of the three. Imo it's the best

A lot of others I can't think of right now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juka13)
    3 Idiots- Bollywood movie, and I would dare to say the be st I have seen in my life. It has everything: moments of laugh, moments of romabce, moments to cry, moments to cry and laugh at the same time, and it also raises important issues about the indian society. AMAZING and I never met anyone who have seen it too.
    PLOT: It tells the story of two friends who go on a journey to find the third one they met at university and never saw him again since then. While that, they remember some of their most marking moments in uni (studying engeneering btw) and how this lost guy influenced their lives)

Hope somebody actually watch it.
    PS,: I apologise for all the mistakes I have probably made, I am portuguese ahah
    Yes mate. One of the few good Bollywood films in recent times. Glad you enjoyed it. Brilliant film.

I would also add Shutter Island as my contribution to this thread.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    None. All movies these days are shite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    None. All movies these days are shite.
    Seen Goodfellas?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Seen Goodfellas?
    Nope. Rarely watch many movies tbf 😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.