(Original post by hassangh)
    Do 3-5 hours. 9 hours is way too much.
    3-5 hours is what i do during school hours
    7 Hours at weekends
    I need my A* though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Why do you say that?
    Because its GCSEs, you dont need to revise that much. If you are aiming for multiple A*s you should be aiming to do 2-3 hours a day max atm. If you need 9 hours a day to do well in your exams then your revision methods are completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    Because its GCSEs, you dont need to revise that much. If you are aiming for multiple A*s you should be aiming to do 2-3 hours a day max atm. If you need 9 hours a day to do well in your exams then your revision methods are completely wrong.
    I mean the more i revise the better..
    are you doing your gcse's also soo many people i know revise for more than 9 hours even 10 hours

ReputationRep:
    are you doing your gcse's also soo many people i know revise for more than 9 hours even 10 hours
    No ive done my GCSEs, in my last year of A-levels atm. Yes true the more revision the better but 9 hours is way too much, if you need that much revision to do well in your exams then your not revising properly. I didn't do half of that and I got all A*s and As, same with everyone I knew.

ReputationRep:
    No ive done my GCSEs, in my last year of A-levels atm. Yes true the more revision the better but 9 hours is way too much, if you need that much revision to do well in your exams then your not revising properly. I didn't do half of that and I got all A*s and As, same with everyone I knew.
    Lmao exactly! Even last minute revision can end up getting you A's or A*

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any revision tips for GCSE people?

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?
    I'm in Y12 and I'm not even doing 9 hours lmao. Well paced, well spread revision is key.

I started revising maths from December and everything else from early February.

ReputationRep:
    3-5 hours is what i do during school hours
    7 Hours at weekends
    I need my A* though
    thats a lot of hours u should be on A*'s already to be honest
    but you should do what you are doing to satisfy yourself

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?
    quantity isn't quality, I'm doing my A-Levels and I'm only doing 3-6 max. 9 hours is unnecessary, you'll just tire your brain out, I think I managed 1-3hours, maybe less for GCSE. I hope you're taking breaks in-between as the mind cannot concentrate that long. It actually works better in spurts.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, You are better off doing say 3-4 hours of proper revision with regular breaks, spending time watching tv, talking to friends etc than doing 9 hours of 'revision', which for most people would in reality end up being maybe 4-5 hours of actual work in the 9 hours they are sat in front of their desk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I'm in Y12 and I'm not even doing 9 hours lmao. Well paced, well spread revision is key.

I started revising maths from December and everything else from early February.
    I'm assuming that starting from late March, ie today, isn't well spread then :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I'm assuming that starting from late March, ie today, isn't well spread then :afraid:
    You'll be fine if you understand everything and don't need to reteach yourself something.

But if you do it might be quite stressful as you'll still be getting homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Not necessarily, I always start revision at easter and that works for me. Revision is a very personal thing so it's best not to pay too much attention to what other people are doing

ReputationRep:
    0 hours. GCSE Art takes up all of my time.

ReputationRep:
    9 hours is far too much. You're going to burn out and it's unnecessary anyway.

ReputationRep:
    About 4-6 hours daily

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.