Turn on thread page Beta

How much revision during easter per day? watch

ReputationRep:
    by starting my gcse revision notes now, have I left revision too late do you think? My first exams in may and I normally spend the whole day making notes then memorise them like a day or two before the exam. But is it too late now to start revision for gcses to attain A/A*? if I do start now, how many hours should I do a day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mygcserevision)
    by starting my gcse revision notes now, have I left revision too late do you think? My first exams in may and I normally spend the whole day making notes then memorise them like a day or two before the exam. But is it too late now to start revision for gcses to attain A/A*? if I do start now, how many hours should I do a day?
    No its not late, don't worry. Do about 2-4 hours everyday and take a day off its Still a break.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mygcserevision)
    Read this:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ision-time-now

Nope it's not too late. Do a couple of hours a day through the easter and you should be able to still achieve good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    3-5 hours is what i do during school hours
    7 Hours at weekends
    I need my A* though
    Nerd

ReputationRep:
    For GSCE maybe 5?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing however many hours it takes to thoroughly revise 2 different topics from any of my unit 5 (A2) subjects.
    It takes been between 2-5 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I plan on 8-9 hours too daily in the holidays and do 5-6 hours on school days I want 10 A*/A grades.

ReputationRep:
    Its my third day off and I've literally done nothing yet. AAAA going down the drainMight try 5-6 hours per day from tomorrow on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I plan on 8-9 hours too daily in the holidays and do 5-6 hours on school days I want 10 A*/A grades.
    Wow that is a lot, how do you cope. Don't you get tired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11lmizo)
    Wow that is a lot, how do you cope. Don't you get tired?
    I am committed to revision and with getting the A*/A but I do take about 10-15 minute breaks in between every subject does help a bit with focus. I do get tired but it will be worth it on results day when I have 10 A*/A because I bothered to put the effort in. I have ADHD and this makes life much harder especially with concentration levels but I have just managed it.

Am I the only one that's barely managing to do 3 hours :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be revising everyday throughout these Easter holidays, starting tomorrow. i plan on 4-5 hours a day with regular breaks. I'm predicted all A*'s and one A, but i think i've left revision too late so i might fall short in some subjects. I'm mainly worried about History and the triple science as they are content-heavy subjects. Any tips for revision from people who have already sat their gcses or in the same boat as me?

ReputationRep:
    I don't do it by hours, I set what tasks I want to complete. Even then, I do max 3 hours of non-consistent revision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1rs)
    I'm going to be revising everyday throughout these Easter holidays, starting tomorrow. i plan on 4-5 hours a day with regular breaks. I'm predicted all A*'s and one A, but i think i've left revision too late so i might fall short in some subjects. I'm mainly worried about History and the triple science as they are content-heavy subjects. Any tips for revision from people who have already sat their gcses or in the same boat as me?
    Me too! (well, apart from the predicted A*'s/A's but i did get some A's/A*'s on the mocks and im predicted C's!)
    BBC bitesize has good notes for history!

Do you have any tips for english literature??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I am committed to revision and with getting the A*/A but I do take about 10-15 minute breaks in between every subject does help a bit with focus. I do get tired but it will be worth it on results day when I have 10 A*/A because I bothered to put the effort in. I have ADHD and this makes life much harder especially with concentration levels but I have just managed it.
    Wow that's really really good, wish you the best of luck and hope you get all those A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Me too! (well, apart from the predicted A*'s/A's but i did get some A's/A*'s on the mocks and im predicted C's!)
    BBC bitesize has good notes for history!

Do you have any tips for english language??
    Well done on your mocks!

For English language, I literally just look at past papers. I'm not creative at all tbh, so I do take a bit longer on the higher mark questions where it usually asks you to write a letter / story etc. In terms of revision, my English teacher tells us to read newspapers/magazines and other forms of text regularly to improve our understanding of the layout/structuring and vocabulary of various texts. Also, in the actual exam time management is key!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1rs)
    Well done on your mocks!

For English language, I literally just look at past papers. I'm not creative at all tbh, so I do take a bit longer on the higher mark questions where it usually asks you to write a letter / story etc. In terms of revision, my English teacher tells us to read newspapers/magazines and other forms of text regularly to improve our understanding of the layout/structuring and vocabulary of various texts. Also, in the actual exam time management is key!
    Very useful, thanks!
    How do you revise for english literature? I always fail terribly with B's on the mocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-Mo)
    Nerd
    Being called a nerd make me content
    At least i want to good grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    I don't do it by hours, I set what tasks I want to complete. Even then, I do max 3 hours of non-consistent revision...
    Same. I have a timetable and I stick to it and try to get all content that I planned to go over in that day done and revised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?
    have you done 9 hours yet? i'm wondering how you could manage your day to do that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.