Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Yup so how is your revision ?
    Not very good.. (absolutely sucks lol 😂). Today I tried and didn't achieve much but tomorrow is my official starting day. I'm going to do 3 hours of science and probably a bit of History. Seriously, congrats for getting that 9 hours done. I know I could never do it because I procrastinate way too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by I'm_infires)
    Not very good.. (absolutely sucks lol 😂). Today I tried and didn't achieve much but tomorrow is my official starting day. I'm going to do 3 hours of science and probably a bit of History. Seriously, congrats for getting that 9 hours done. I know I could never do it because I procrastinate way too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, that was me at the start but now i've got a lot more serious and i am a little motivated . Tbh it's a shock so i decided to do 9 hours and it's actually working.
    Some people that i know from tsr did like 11-12 hours and it motivated me a lot.
    On tsr there's a thread where we all update what we have done each day and some of us would have done small amounts and others huge amounts. From there we get motivated a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that was me at the start but now i've got a lot more serious and i am a little motivated . Tbh it's a shock so i decided to do 9 hours and it's actually working.
    Some people that i know from tsr did like 11-12 hours and it motivated me a lot.
    On tsr there's a thread where we all update what we have done each day and some of us would have done small amounts and others huge amounts. From there we get motivated a lot.
    Hey do you have any advice how you can have time to revise 9 hours because now i'm really thinking about going hard to get the best grades I can. Also what thread is that because I think that can help me too!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post63692987

Sure look on the post and make sure you post what you have done everyday
    Then you can compare yourself with others and get motivated trust me.
    We all post during the evening
    I don't really go out anywhere so i have more time to revise some times i don't have time But 95% i have times

ReputationRep:
    9 hours? Next thing you know people will be spending 25 hours a day on revision

(Am in year 10 BTW, you guys here look so stressed compared to people I know in real life that have GCSE's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaptorStar)
    9 hours? Next thing you know people will be spending 25 hours a day on revision

(Am in year 10 BTW, you guys here look so stressed compared to people I know in real life that have GCSE's)
    Nahh see my sole problem is the fact that nothing motivates me. Nothing seems important and I have no sense of urgency. Oh, I have an exam, which will significantly contribute to my future, tomorrow? Cool xD and I still won't end up revising (which I know is very bad). As a result, I don't get stressed. In the past, I would just look over my books the night before the exam (sometimes even half an hour before ) but now I'm going to force myself to revise... however little that is... because I got an offer from my first choice sixth form and it's a real opportunity that I can't give up, so I guess I've gained a little motivation, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    5 minutes or so when I feel like it, 9 hours WHAT THE FRIG

I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarough)
    5 minutes or so when I feel like it, 9 hours WHAT THE FRIG
    My exact reaction I'm used to revising the night before an exam so I was like tf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did NO revision for my year 10 history exam and got A*, enjoy GCSE's whilst you can, because they're pee easy

(Original post by I'm_infires)
    My exact reaction I'm used to revising the night before an exam so I was like tf

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?
    Good luck with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarough)
    I did NO revision for my year 10 history exam and got A*, enjoy GCSE's whilst you can, because they're pee easy
    Ahh History is the subject I struggle with. In all my other subjects, I can get the A*'s without revising but History is different because there's so much to remember and I have a really crappy memory. I got a high B/low A in the exam but it got bumped up to a solid A cause my coursework is an A*. Congrats on your A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Good luck with that!
    How many hours are you doing?

(Original post by shilshark)
    How many hours are you doing?
    I don't make revision plans and I don't time my revision... I am not obsessive. And I am doing my A2s so you really don't need to be that intense about GCSEs either.

ReputationRep:
    I don't make revision plans and I don't time my revision... I am not obsessive. And I am doing my A2s so you really don't need to be that intense about GCSEs either.
    I've only done to-do lists so far but its adding up to about 3 or 4 hours and I'm not sure if that is enough...I'm aiming for as many A*s as possible and I'm still behind on making notes, let alone past papers so I don't have much choice

I've only done to-do lists so far but its adding up to about 3 or 4 hours and I'm not sure if that is enough...I'm aiming for as many A*s as possible and I'm still behind on making notes, let alone past papers so I don't have much choice
    You'll be fine. For my GCSEs I did no revision until a week before my exams when I just read through my notes for each subject once. And I did no revision for maths because I already had a C at foundation level. I wasn't even thinking about revision so far in advance. And you know what? I came out if it with a full set of A*s.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine. For my GCSEs I did no revision until a week before my exams when I just read through my notes for each subject once. And I did no revision for maths because I already had a C at foundation level. I wasn't even thinking about revision so far in advance. And you know what? I came out if it with a full set of A*s.
    So...you did revision in a week and got all A*s...
    Well unfortunately for me, my memory is probably not as good as yours, Plato

So...you did revision in a week and got all A*s...
    Well unfortunately for me, my memory is probably not as good as yours, Plato
    I'll bet you it is. Many of my friends did the same as me revision wise and got comparable grades. Either way, just try not to stress and you definitely don't need to be doing MORE than you currently are.

ReputationRep:
    For the record i wouldn't recommend leaving revision that late - yes some people can get away with it but for most people it isn't a great idea and will make exams a lot more stressful

ReputationRep:
    loooooool.

For GCSEs I did none.

For A2s (now) I intend to do around 4 hours a day. That's a lot for me.

ReputationRep:
    About 2-3 hours daily. Why do you do 9 hours a day... theres really something wrong with that, no offence. I see you're an Indian :P Don't implement CBSE/ICSE rote learning methods into GCSEs!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.