The Student Room Group

How much revision during easter per day?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing A2, so about 4-5 hours in the holiday and about 2 hours on a school day
Original post by nisha.sri
:smile: Lol x

You can see why my motivation is lacking...
Give yourself a break! You need to relax, there is no point in working yourself to the bone, because going into the exam period mentally exhausted is a really bad idea. I'm doing about 1 - 2 hrs a day, but very focused. Your brain on average only absorbs information for 45 mins, so have breaks every so often. If your revision methods are good, and you work out what works for you, then 9hrs probably won't be necessary. However, if you want to do 9 hrs a day.... Go for it! You are one focused hard-working person!
I've got GCSEs in a few weeks and I've been doing about 4-5 hours a day over Easter. Hopefully that will be enough! 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing roughly 2-3 hours but that's with me screwing around reading TSR. I'm aiming for 9A*1A(a stupid BM oral cold feet screwed me over)
I have Triple Science, Further Maths, Maths, English, Econs, ICT. I've covered the entire Physics Specification, and am aiming to finish the other sciences within 2 weeks, then Econs and ICT on my 3rd week, then doing past papers after school starts. Am I doing too little? Econs I can pretty much get an A* just from intuition(What happened during a previous mock test), and ICT is relatively simple as long as I get Practicals perfect.
Original post by SeanDaMan
I'm doing roughly 2-3 hours but that's with me screwing around reading TSR. I'm aiming for 9A*1A(a stupid BM oral cold feet screwed me over)
I have Triple Science, Further Maths, Maths, English, Econs, ICT. I've covered the entire Physics Specification, and am aiming to finish the other sciences within 2 weeks, then Econs and ICT on my 3rd week, then doing past papers after school starts. Am I doing too little? Econs I can pretty much get an A* just from intuition(What happened during a previous mock test), and ICT is relatively simple as long as I get Practicals perfect.

I think your doing just fine :smile:
Good luck in your gcse's and i hope you get the grades you want :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
I think your doing just fine :smile:
Good luck in your gcse's and i hope you get the grades you want :smile:

Thanks! It's just hard keeping to my timetable, and I'm really scared because it feels easier than how it's supposed to be.
Original post by SeanDaMan
Thanks! It's just hard keeping to my timetable, and I'm really scared because it feels easier than how it's supposed to be.

:smile: i KNOW that is the same with me but now i am fine with my timetable :smile:
When are you guys gonna start doing past papers (gcse/igcse)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9998
No ive done my GCSEs, in my last year of A-levels atm. Yes true the more revision the better but 9 hours is way too much, if you need that much revision to do well in your exams then your not revising properly. I didn't do half of that and I got all A*s and As, same with everyone I knew.

thats great!! so can u plz tell me some of ur revision techniques and tips to revise for the year 10 science exams to get A*s.
Can anybody that has completed GCSEs give me any useful revision techniques and methods, or just any helpful advice. Im finding it difficult to revise through easter, and there seems to be sooo many notes to do before the end of the hols. Im doing biology(b1) chemistry(c1)physics(p1). Also how many hours should I be doing a day.
Original post by Soph.h1
Can anybody that has completed GCSEs give me any useful revision techniques and methods, or just any helpful advice. Im finding it difficult to revise through easter, and there seems to be sooo many notes to do before the end of the hols. Im doing biology(b1) chemistry(c1)physics(p1). Also how many hours should I be doing a day.

What grades do you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
not much but thats because my bf is home on leave
Original post by oli19919
What grades do you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile Well im doing foundation chemistry but higher tier for physics and biology. For chemistry the highest i can get is a C so hopefully i will be able to get that. But i would like to achieve A*s for the others.
Original post by tayybaf
thats great!! so can u plz tell me some of ur revision techniques and tips to revise for the year 10 science exams to get A*s.

Past papers, past papers and past papers again and again
[QUOTE="Soph.h1;63800787"]
Original post by oli19919
What grades do you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile Well im doing foundation chemistry but higher tier for physics and biology. For chemistry the highest i can get is a C so hopefully i will be able to get that. But i would like to achieve A*s for the others.

Im aiming for all A*s and im doing around 6-7 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
I revise about 4 solid hours with no distractions or about 6-7 hours on a bad day with distractions. My best tip is to try and work out how you revise best, take tips from your mocks if you revised for them.Try making mind maps, posters, video recordings of yourself explaining things so you can listen to them on the move and cue cards. My favourite methods for subjects like history is to try to explain it to someone else. If you know a subject enough to teach it to someone else then you are revising well ( it really helps you memorise it too) :smile: hope this helps and good luck!
On school days I typically only do an hour (that's all I can fit in with all the other stuff I have to do and then I have to have relaxing time). On weekends, if I'm not doing something, I'll aim for about 2 hours or more.

So on that basis I'll do about 2 hours per day (in chunks) in the holidays.

Only do what you can do! Don't get stressed out because other people can do 7 hours or whatever, don't do too much. Allow time to relax and do things you enjoy.
I did about 2 hours of revision on Monday (was supposed to be my first day of revising for the week) but I haven't done anything since 😂:ahee: This is my problem. I'll get motivated for a day and the rest is useless. Today, I'm going to try to do at least 2 hours. :smile:
in easter I'm just doing as much as i need to-i dont really keep track of how many hours I'm doing but in the weekdays i do around 2 hours after school... also i would suggest if you've memorised the content go onto past papers because its all really able to apply it to an exam context ye

Quick Reply

Latest