Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    6 ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woooooo)
    I respect your point of view however me and my 3 sisters do that cause we want to get into oxford... but if you thinks its way to much.. what about University where you will need to study more than this? And yeah its aint easy but in the end it will be worth it....
    Very true, that's really good though that your motivated. How much do you do on normal school days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woooooo)
    I respect your point of view however me and my 3 sisters do that cause we want to get into oxford... but if you thinks its way to much.. what about University where you will need to study more than this? And yeah its aint easy but in the end it will be worth it....
    What you on about? For someone aiming for all A*s, only 7-8 hours of revision a day is required atm for easter and weekends, and around 9 on study leave, with 4-5 on a school night. And it's rare for people from uni to get up at 6am and study until 8pm on a regular basis, that'd only be if they have poor management with time and have left something to the last minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So i managed around 2 hours a day over the holiday.. What is wrong with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11lmizo)
    Very true, that's really good though that your motivated. How much do you do on normal school days?
    I do 8 hours i stay after school until 5:00pm, school ends at 3:00pm and i relax for about hour when i get home and then study till 23:00pm this is every tue,wed and thursday. monday and friday i chillout or catchup with homework....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    What you on about? For someone aiming for all A*s, only 7-8 hours of revision a day is required atm for easter and weekends, and around 9 on study leave, with 4-5 on a school night. And it's rare for people from uni to get up at 6am and study until 8pm on a regular basis, that'd only be if they have poor management with time and have left something to the last minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand you think it to much but its my opinion and its what i think and im not saying study from 6 to 8 non stop you obviously take breaks in between... and you dont have to agree with my point of view

ReputationRep:
    I'm not from the UK and so we don't do GCSEs or A-Levels in this case but I'd say, revise depending on your "fresh hours". Like, how many hours can YOU as an individual revise a day? Do that and do it when you're most alert! (Mornings are great). Maybe you're capable of doing 10 hours but in different time intervals so yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I started my revision the beginning of Easter and I feel alright and my revision is quite chilled and paced

ReputationRep:
    I've only been doing 1-3 hours per day with a couple of days off but I am struggling to find the energy and the motivation for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princesshan)
    I've only been doing 1-3 hours per day with a couple of days off but I am struggling to find the energy and the motivation for it
    What are you aiming for grades wise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princesshan)
    what i did was i set myself i goal and everyday i tell myself i will reach that goal and i push myself to the limit..my friends believe in me and thats all the motivation i need really... if you believe in yourself and tell yourself you can do it you will be able to...
    and tbh at least your studying and that 1-3 hours will be crucial in the long run and hopefully it will be worth it

best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?
    I am doing 4 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    9 hours???? That would stress me out, I'd end up having a mental breakdown

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    Same. I mean, imagining seeing all those A*s on your results sheet...
    I just dont feel like im doing enough..
    At the moment im watching Mygcsescience videos and making notes
    my first exam is 3rd may :afraid:
    Omg same are you prepared enough?? Mines geography wbu??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I mean the more i revise the better..
    are you doing your gcse's also soo many people i know revise for more than 9 hours even 10 hours
    can get A*s easily with 1-3 hours a day consistent revision, in addition to... you know, being able to be a normal teenager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    What are you aiming for grades wise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully as high as I can get but I guess realistically Bs for science and english and As for maths, ICT, RE and Geography.

ReputationRep:
    start at around 11am to 2am :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy)
    Omg same are you prepared enough?? Mines geography wbu??
    English language. then i have time to revise until 16th may which is my re exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    can get A*s easily with 1-3 hours a day consistent revision, in addition to... you know, being able to be a normal teenager.
    It's just easier to kill your self now get the results and party crazily or be a normal teenager over the three months we get for summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy)
    It's just easier to kill your self now get the results and party crazily or be a normal teenager over the three months we get for summer
    it's not easier though, it's making it unnecessarily hard for yourself. In my experience the individuals who subject themselves to ridiculousness like 9 hours a day for GCSE exams are usually socially inept.

I tutor a fair amount of GCSE students, and have hammered home the message both to them and their parents that 3 hours a day is fine as long as they're consistently doing 3 hours a day, none of my pupils are aiming for below an A*.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.