Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently doing my AS levels which are geography, psychology, maths and biology. I find psychology really interesting and aim to become a clinical psychologist in the future. I wanted to have some work experience in the field in the Summer, but I'm not sure where I could go..I know I won't be able to have experience in hospitals because I'm only 17. Does anyone have any suggestions of what type of places I can gain experience in for this type of career??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck in the same situation too.
    Im doing As Geography Maths Psychology and Product Design (which i plan to drop)

So far im planning to do st john ambulance cadets, as well as tutoring boys with disabilities in the lower school of my school.

But thats all i have, i dont know what else can be done. If you can, tutor a young person with a disability id say give it a go. Its like creating your own work experience.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need work experience for psychology degrees (as its not a vocational degree). I am looking for someone to help with a research project although the task isn't too exciting (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3960177 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esekanayo_)
    I'm stuck in the same situation too.
    Im doing As Geography Maths Psychology and Product Design (which i plan to drop)

So far im planning to do st john ambulance cadets, as well as tutoring boys with disabilities in the lower school of my school.

But thats all i have, i dont know what else can be done. If you can, tutor a young person with a disability id say give it a go. Its like creating your own work experience.

Good luck!
    Thank you, that seems like a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammichealjackson)
    You don't really need work experience for psychology degrees (as its not a vocational degree). I am looking for someone to help with a research project although the task isn't too exciting (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3960177 )
    Oh yeah but I just wanted some type of experience in the Summer for future benefit Oh okay I'll check it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.