Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently doing my AS levels which are geography, psychology, maths and biology. I find psychology really interesting and aim to become a clinical psychologist in the future. I wanted to have some work experience in the field in the Summer, but I'm not sure where I could go..I know I won't be able to have experience in hospitals because I'm only 17. Does anyone have any suggestions of what type of places I can gain experience in for this type of career??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck in the same situation too.
    Im doing As Geography Maths Psychology and Product Design (which i plan to drop)

So far im planning to do st john ambulance cadets, as well as tutoring boys with disabilities in the lower school of my school.

But thats all i have, i dont know what else can be done. If you can, tutor a young person with a disability id say give it a go. Its like creating your own work experience.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need work experience for psychology degrees (as its not a vocational degree). I am looking for someone to help with a research project although the task isn't too exciting (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3960177 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esekanayo_)
    I'm stuck in the same situation too.
    Im doing As Geography Maths Psychology and Product Design (which i plan to drop)

So far im planning to do st john ambulance cadets, as well as tutoring boys with disabilities in the lower school of my school.

But thats all i have, i dont know what else can be done. If you can, tutor a young person with a disability id say give it a go. Its like creating your own work experience.

Good luck!
    Thank you, that seems like a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammichealjackson)
    You don't really need work experience for psychology degrees (as its not a vocational degree). I am looking for someone to help with a research project although the task isn't too exciting (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3960177 )
    Oh yeah but I just wanted some type of experience in the Summer for future benefit Oh okay I'll check it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.