Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I needed a case study on Mount Pinatubo but was unable to find a sufficient amount of information.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has these facts/ i will appreciate it highly.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Information:
    * Landslides started and parasitic cones erupted, indicating tectonic activity.
    * Exploded with a scale of 6 on VEI (Volcanic Expolsivity Index)
    * When it erupted it blanketed the surrounding area in ash and dust. This affected agriculture (plants can't photosynthesise). Effects were worsened by a typhoon that occurred at the same time as the volcano.
    * 26 million tonnes of sulphur into the atmosphere - global temperatures were affected.
    * Large danger from pyroclastic flows and lahars.
    Impacts:
    * 650,000 jobs lost
    * 200,000 evacuated around Pinatubo. Poor management - many died of disease in the evacuation camps.
    * 50,000 homes lost
    * 800 dead
    Facts
    * Ocurred in East Asia, Philippines
    * Destructive plate boundary
    * Triggered by 7.8 Richter earthquake
    * Huge lahars.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skuka)
    Information:
    * Landslides started and parasitic cones erupted, indicating tectonic activity.
    * Exploded with a scale of 6 on VEI (Volcanic Expolsivity Index)
    * When it erupted it blanketed the surrounding area in ash and dust. This affected agriculture (plants can't photosynthesise). Effects were worsened by a typhoon that occurred at the same time as the volcano.
    * 26 million tonnes of sulphur into the atmosphere - global temperatures were affected.
    * Large danger from pyroclastic flows and lahars.
    Impacts:
    * 650,000 jobs lost
    * 200,000 evacuated around Pinatubo. Poor management - many died of disease in the evacuation camps.
    * 50,000 homes lost
    * 800 dead
    Facts
    * Ocurred in East Asia, Philippines
    * Destructive plate boundary
    * Triggered by 7.8 Richter earthquake
    * Huge lahars.

Hope this helps
    Wow thanks for that I was missing it. appreciate it mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.