Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I'll just say I've never posted here before. I just feel so frustrated I desperately need some people to talk to.

I've been talking to this guy for about 5 months now.. we lost contact during that time for a little while but around a month ago, I decided to get back in contact with him. Over the past few weeks we had been talking/flirting 23/7, literally the only time we didn't talk was when we were sleeping. This has all died down pretty suddenly, he replies "when he can" even though I can clearly see he's online on whatsapp and instagram very, very regularly and just not reading my message.
    A couple of days ago, I mentioned to him that I felt like he was always busy and that he had no time to talk to me. I said I was going to go quiet for a while to give him some space. He replied "Don't be silly!" and that he really likes talking to me. He started sending me cute emojis, kissing faces, heart eyes blah blah. Then he said he wanted to see me to make up for the fact that he'd been bad at replying, but he never mentioned those plans again. He's done that before too, I arranged for us to meet at an open mic night and he bailed out at the last minute.

I know he's a very private person and never really talks about himself or his feelings. I know his ex really hurt him physically and emotionally which might have left him with some issues but I'm so close to just being painfully honest with him and asking for him to do the same. Even though I'm scared to. Sometimes I feel like I'm into him more than he's into me, sometimes he makes me feel like he's really interested. I have no idea where I stand or what he wants. It's got to the point where I can't even start to lead a conversation where I could ask what he's looking for, because he can't seem to hold a conversation anymore without not replying at some point.
    Should I just stop messaging him, go quiet and let him come to me? Or should I tell him how I feel?
    I'm the kind of person who appreciates honesty, If you like me, tell me. If you don't, tell me. I'll handle it either way. I just can't deal with being made to feel like he cares about me, sometimes.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I have to admit, I find the whole him telling he didn't have time to talk, strange. He'd make time. Even if it's 5 minutes here and there.

I think you need to tell him how you feel. I get the impression he could either be shy and /or he's just not that interested.

ReputationRep:
    guy saying "I'm busy" *****est excuse everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemiex)
    Firstly, I'll just say I've never posted here before. I just feel so frustrated I desperately need some people to talk to.

I've been talking to this guy for about 5 months now.. we lost contact during that time for a little while but around a month ago, I decided to get back in contact with him. Over the past few weeks we had been talking/flirting 23/7, literally the only time we didn't talk was when we were sleeping. This has all died down pretty suddenly, he replies "when he can" even though I can clearly see he's online on whatsapp and instagram very, very regularly and just not reading my message.
    A couple of days ago, I mentioned to him that I felt like he was always busy and that he had no time to talk to me. I said I was going to go quiet for a while to give him some space. He replied "Don't be silly!" and that he really likes talking to me. He started sending me cute emojis, kissing faces, heart eyes blah blah. Then he said he wanted to see me to make up for the fact that he'd been bad at replying, but he never mentioned those plans again. He's done that before too, I arranged for us to meet at an open mic night and he bailed out at the last minute.

I know he's a very private person and never really talks about himself or his feelings. I know his ex really hurt him physically and emotionally which might have left him with some issues but I'm so close to just being painfully honest with him and asking for him to do the same. Even though I'm scared to. Sometimes I feel like I'm into him more than he's into me, sometimes he makes me feel like he's really interested. I have no idea where I stand or what he wants. It's got to the point where I can't even start to lead a conversation where I could ask what he's looking for, because he can't seem to hold a conversation anymore without not replying at some point.
    Should I just stop messaging him, go quiet and let him come to me? Or should I tell him how I feel?
    I'm the kind of person who appreciates honesty, If you like me, tell me. If you don't, tell me. I'll handle it either way. I just can't deal with being made to feel like he cares about me, sometimes.
    you don't say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    you don't say.

ReputationRep:
    He's not that into you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I have to admit, I find the whole him telling he didn't have time to talk, strange. He'd make time. Even if it's 5 minutes here and there.

I think you need to tell him how you feel. I get the impression he could either be shy and /or he's just not that interested.

I completely agree, that's what is frustrating me. He says he's busy but honestly, it takes a couple of minutes at most to reply. & He's always online
    I just wish people would just be more upfront. If you like me or not, I would rather know than have some lame excuse thrown my way.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to have a conversation about how you actually feel about each other, you need to do it in person! You can't do it over text as he keeps going offline as you say and trust me, it will be so much better in person. That's an important conversation.

It seems he might be interested in you. People can have all sorts of **** going on in their home lives so it may be that he really is busy. I'd advise arranging to meet, just for a walk or something, and coming out with it. Just say something like 'Can I talk to you about something? Is it okay if we speak in person?'

PS had more or less the same thing happen to me, and I met him and said 'pls stop ****ing w my emotions' and we are now v v happy together, in our third month

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.