Turn on thread page Beta

Whats your ethnic background? watch

    • Community Assistant
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i started this thread by accident but feel free to post

    (im predominantly indian with some japanese, malay and east african (1st two each 1/16, last one 1/4)
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    im Indian but have Kenyan roots.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    Arabic but also German, but not really German
    lol at your username
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Zambian
    • Community Assistant
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mkap)
    why make the thread in the first place?

    im Indian btw
    tried asking someone their background yet bizarely ended up as a thread instead of a post (had another tab open to open a thread about the new WEC season which ended up as post in another thread ) .


    that being said, iv decided that this thread should stay
    Offline

    21
    Bulgarian-English?
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    White as ****.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    19
    Did a DNA test recently as I was conceived through IVF with the egg of an anonymous donor and was interested to know more about my background. I'm pretty sure my dad's family are all British but as it turns out, I'm mostly Eastern European.

    • PS Reviewer
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Klingon.
    • Community Assistant
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Did a DNA test recently as I am IVF and was interested to know more about my background. Surprisingly, I'm mostly Eastern European.

    cool (IVF= in vitro fertilisation or something else- if former, hope its successful and curious to know if its your eggs or donor)
    Offline

    20
    Japanese
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    i started this thread by accident but feel free to post

    (im predominantly indian with some japanese, malay and east african (1st two each 1/16, last one 1/4)
    3rd generation Kashubian.

    And ****ing proud of it!
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Aryan.

    • Community Assistant
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    3rd generation Kashubian.

    And ****ing proud of it!
    dont mean to sound disrespectful but what is kashubian ?

    (just wikid it. for anyone else interested, here is a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashubians
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    ≈ 65-70% European (dad is white, mother is mixed) the other ≈30% is cuban/chinese..
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    dont mean to sound disrespectful but what is kashubian ?
    We are a seperate, distinct and discrete ethnic and cultural group hailing from the North Eastern region of Poland possessing our own, unique dialect and culture.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    Half Afrikaner, Half Scottish.

    So in all likelihood mostly Germanic, with some Celtic, and possibly even some French and Khoi San in there.
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    im Indian
    I didn't know that! I'm such an idiot lmao.
    • Community Assistant
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    We are a seperate, distinct and discrete ethnic and cultural group hailing from the North Eastern region of Poland possessing our own, unique dialect and culture.
    cool, kinda like my indian heritage (Im not divulging it as I can be identified but its from the coastal region of the state of maharasthra & goa)
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    Indo-Mauritian
 
 
 

3,291

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.