Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Greatest lifting achievement watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First time I put the tape measure around my arm and it measured 17" 16 to 17 was a bit of a long road.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    75kg OHP

Deadlifting 4 plates for reps was cool too but loads of people have done it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    140kg bench. Not powerlifting style either loool aka arched back and an inch of movement,

ReputationRep:
    140kg Front Squat or hitting the QT for British U20s last summer.

4 plate DL and 3 plate squat were a bit hollow - lots of people I know IRL got there very quickly, and the Squat took me a good 20 months or so, and I didn't get the deadlift until more than a year after that.
    But in terms of people I actually know personally, I can count the number of people FSing 3 plates on my hands.

ReputationRep:
    Even though it's probably not an achievement to most, definately my CGBP 100kg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My all time PB bench is my most impressive number, as a percent of BW I could probably still about equal it, but I'm more proud of the perseverance it took me to be able to deadlift and to now be making (unremarkable) progress. My spine is pretty dodgy and I said I gave up on ever deadlifting again several times but for the most part I kept trying to get better. I had to give up on back squatting and convention deadlift, I kind of had to accept the reality of that, but I think I've got to a point now where my back is as healthy as it can possibly be
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    50 hammer curls. The burn was real.

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    @NathanDYEL

Strong lifts but man your deadlift form on that 245kg was crazy, my back blew out just watching that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.