Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

Well it's not is it, given that vast majority of terrorists ARE muslim.

Can you name me a group of Western terrorists besides the IRA that have caused so much death over the past few years?
    The difference between Muslim terrorists and Western terrorists is that one comes from the fringes of a religion that they do not apply correctly, and the other is elected and institutionalised by the ignorant masses through democracy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know enough about the OP to say if he is a terrorist or not, then again, I don't know if he is a Muslim or not.

I don't why people automatically say he is not a terrorist when there is no evidence he is or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Does it?
    It makes you the unfortunate subject of bigoted assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Do you know what majority means?
    Go and look up the the famous PEW opinions polls from Islamic countries. If you can't be bothered to do so I'll assume you're not really interested in the truth and so there's no point in further discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    The difference between Muslim terrorists and Western terrorists is that one comes from the fringes of a religion that they do not apply correctly, and the other is elected and institutionalised by the ignorant masses through democracy.
    It's time you grew up and stopped getting all your political views from Green Day and RATM.

ReputationRep:
    Then why not all muslims do the same thing if it was right?!!
    Religion, like a lot of beliefs systems, is based on ambiguous and often conflicting ideals. Islam is no exception. Your interpretation could be based on your upbringing and cultural influences; that of someone in, say, Syria will differ.

or is it because just a VERY minority who call themselves muslims think it's right...you assume that's what the religion taught us?
    See above.

Why do you think people convert to islam e.g. mohammed ali...because he wants to bomb cities ?!! or is it because the quran in fact teaches us love and peace ?!
    Relevance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Sin does exist in islam. So a level-headed muslim could simply argue that terrorist muslims are muslims, but they are also sinners. It is quite strange, however, that in general, muslims do not want to admit that there can be such a thing as a sinning muslim. They prefer to call such a person a "not-real muslim" for some reason. Apparently only perfect muslims are allowed to refer to themselves as muslims.
    Well put.

ReputationRep:
    what I was trying to say that the acts they commit are not of what muslims do...they may be muslims...but really sinful ones who think it's ok to go around and kill people...this is not what our religion taught us!
    You're not using evidence to back your claims. Simply stating something does not necessarily make it fact.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here actually read the Qu'ran and found anything that supports terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    there you go ...they are sinning muslims therefore the acts they commit are against islam...which means islam is not violent !
    I think you would benefit from looking into the psychological condition termed "denial."

That is what your posts on this thread suggest you are suffering from.

Do you think that Islam conquered large swathes of the world by being peaceful?

Take Istanbul, for example, now totally Islamic. Did you know that this was once the capital of a Christian Empire called the Byzantines? An empire which was invaded and conquered with all its inhabitants either beheaded, enslaved or forcibly taken as rape fodder?

The Islamic State are amateurs in being "violent" compared to the Ottomans. Or the Conquerors of the Indian sub Continent.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/constantinople.htm

ReputationRep:
    Does it?
    100% yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    I can't think of another book where a majority of people who dedicate their life to it support killing homosexuals and apostates due to it.
    I guess the Bible praises homosexuals then, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Sin does exist in islam. So a level-headed muslim could simply argue that terrorist muslims are muslims, but they are also sinners. It is quite strange, however, that in general, muslims do not want to admit that there can be such a thing as a sinning muslim. They prefer to call such a person a "not-real muslim" for some reason. Apparently only perfect muslims are allowed to refer to themselves as muslims.
    Of course technically they're Muslims, but what they do is against the teachings of Islam. That's why some call them 'non-Muslims'. The majority of Islamic scholars, for example, argue that Muslims who don't pray 5 times a day are not Muslims and consider them apostates. So it isn't enough to simply declare you're a Muslim to actually be a Muslim or be considered one by others.

ReputationRep:
    I dont read much into conspiracy theories nor take them as hard fact, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Religion of peace strikes ONCE AGAIN. Killing 50 in Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    It is categorically impossible to be Muslim and be a terrorist. The two do not go hand in hand. To be a Muslim means you are peaceful, tolerant and the best a human being could be. You can't be a terrorist and be a Muslim. Its like saying you can't be on earth and the moon at the same time. The fact is nothing whatsoever in Islamic scripture can be linked to these terror attacks.

You are more likely to be western and be a terrorist
    Great banter mate

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35908512

ReputationRep:
    Does it?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    I dont read much into conspiracy theories nor take them as hard fact, thanks.
    Not a conspiracy theory. I just define some of the actions of the West in the past and also it's general foreign policy to be an act of terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    Not a conspiracy theory. I just define some of the actions of the West in the past and also it's general foreign policy to be an act of terrorism.
    Well you'd be wrong on at least one account.

Doesn't compare to the slaughter of innocents by Islamic terrorists. Nor is it as frequent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.