Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When Islam is the majority religious group in the UK... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    To be with your violent friends I presume? Islam is also the fastest growing religion in Burma too
    It's also the only hated religion in Burma, by virtue of it's own barbarity!

Besides, to be a Buddhist requires you to be a pacifist. Therefore Buddhists =/= violent. Since pacifism is one of Gautama Buddha's core teachings, being violent would strip you of the right to call yourself a Buddhist. I've just explained this to you in another thread as well you silly person! :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Islam is the fastest growing religion mate. People are seeing it for what it really is
    in the world mainly by birth rate and by the reality its not been around as long as any other faith
    in the UK non denomination group has grow far larger than muslims, so no it cant happen. besides the fact that other faiths such as hindus and sikhs are growing in the uk, and they wouldnt allow that to happen either. and if all else failed , im sure their would be an open door policy for israelis to settle here before that was ever allowed to happen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    You don't need or have the right to enforce your religious beliefs, or indeed lack thereof, on anyone else.
    I never said enforcing, but by due political and democratic process

ReputationRep:
    as a muslim i think we shouldnt. if you want Islamic laws then move to an Islamic country. its wrong to impose them in Britain when it isnt even a muslim country or anything and there are lost of non muslims in the UK.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I never said enforcing, but by due political and democratic process
    Writing Islamic law into British law is enforcing it on everyone else.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    If Islam ever becomes the majority religious group is irrelevant.

The UK is a secular liberal democracy. And that, my friend, is that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    It's also the only hated religion in Burma, by virtue of it's own barbarity!

Besides, to be a Buddhist requires you to be a pacifist. Therefore Buddhists =/= violent. Since pacifism is one of Gautama Buddha's core teachings, being violent would strip you of the right to call yourself a Buddhist. I've just explained this to you in another thread as well you silly person! :facepalm2:
    To be a Muslim means not to be violent, I explained this in another thread. For the record, in Burma they discriminate against all religions apart from Buddhism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    It's not a phobia, it's logical. No argument, just silencing opponents nice

Taking an objective view of Islam and deciding that it is backwards and corrosive is not a 'phobia'

Labeling your opponents arguments as such is a crappy way to commit to a debate
    Cannot agree with this more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Writing Islamic law into British law is enforcing it on everyone else.
    What if it is democratically voted for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    as a muslim i think we shouldnt. if you want Islamic laws then move to an Islamic country. its wrong to impose them in Britain when it isnt even a muslim country or anything and there are lost of non muslims in the UK.
    I said if they become the majority religious group

ReputationRep:
    Would rather set myself on fire than be forced to preach this cancerous religion
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    What if it is democratically voted for?
    Still unjustly enforcing it on anyone who didn't want it, which would be every non-Muslim and a fair proportion of the Muslims. Religious beliefs are best kept private and not put anywhere near legislation.

ReputationRep:
    I said if they become the majority religious group
    no point making points on 'if' and 'but;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R0ckTillWeDr0p)
    Would rather set myself on fire than be forced to preach this cancerous religion
    A lil bit too far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    A lil bit too far
    He has a reputation for being a fascist and racist so don't be surprised. Some of us are just more tolerant

ReputationRep:
    He has a reputation for being a fascist and racist so don't be surprised. Some of us are just more tolerant
    >muslim
    >tolerant

pick one

ReputationRep:
    Do you agree, to serve the majority religious group that they are allowed to have Islamic teachings inscribed into law?

Surely a sensible person would say yes as this is only fair
    you are making too many assumptions:

-that Muslims would somehow magically manage to agree on what constitutes "sharia law" and what could/should be inscribed into law

-that Muslims themselves would want "shariah law"

-most importantly, that Islamists will ever become the majority religious group in the UK (i.e., more followers than "no religion at all" or "just a little bit of religion"), and that they will be actually able to organise politically

But let us assume that, by some strange quirk of fate this could happen. An hypothetical UK (United Kaliphate of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) would still be limited by universally recognised rules, such as abolition of inhumane and degrading punishments (sorry, no cutting off limbs on opposite sides allowed : not even on the same side)

It would still have to respect basic human and political rights (e.g. it could not exclude non-believers from the vote, or from the position of Caliph) etc etc

In short, it would become a strange, next-to unrecognizable "Islamic State".

In any case, as we can see every day, all majority-Muslim States which declare in their Constitution that their order is based on shariah, then spend most of their political energy into trying to define what exactly shariah is... and this, often simply leads to civil war (another typical feature of Islamic history)

so, in a nutshell, it would be quite a messy state of affairs

best

ReputationRep:
    tolerant people don't throw personal insults right and left

if you want a discussion, you should know better than making such comments

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion this thread does not provoke sensible debate but religious antagonistic hatred.

Islamophobia at its best, reported
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PP61qTmic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.