Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When Islam is the majority religious group in the UK... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciatic)
    This is what I think is the crucial problem that lies in the very foundation of a democratic state that also claims to be for a certain race/culture etc. We can take the example of Britain and what it means to be British or England and what it means to be English. This extends it to what makes a nation state - should we go by geographical borders or couple that with allegiances to a monarch or to a head of state of a republic or should we go by race/culture. Is England only for the English, like France is for the French, and Spain for the Spanish, and Israel for the Jewish. This is the European model of the nation state and clearly this is incompatible with democracy and Democratic principles. This is why it is absolutely important for the UK to protects its monarchy, and for the other European states to do likewise because what makes a person English or British is nothing, nothing, nothing but a oath of allegiance to obey the rule of the land and the monarch. If democracy is the rule of the land then the principles of the majority would be the established principles. If immigration is allowed and if birthrates of the minority is higher than the majority then yes there will come a time when being British would be not like being British of today. This is what lies in the core of the fear of the far-right and the Islamaphobes. Democracy would lead to the utter destruction of the nation-state identity, or rather subject it to constant change. The far right knows that democracy is gonna bust their identity and culture. Democracy if not checked and controlled would utterly destroy the concept of European nation States because the people who introduce these concepts will realise that they themselves are now slowly but surely being minorilise.

In recent tweets the outspoken security chief of Dubai suggested that a one-state solution is the best for the Palestinians. The Palestinians should form a coalition with the Jewish state and benefit from their technological advances and what not. They should give up their land to the Jewish state. But the catch is this - give or take 75 or 100 years and the Arabs would become the majority of the Jewish state and you know what happens in a democracy. I find this to be a fascinating idea - an idea that would totally destroyed the Zionist project, but at the same time the Zionists are not fools are they.
    just type 'no' ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    just type 'no' ffs
    no ffs

ReputationRep:
    I won't be here if that happens so it won't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    But they as the majority group deserve that right do they not? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few
    Muslims aren't the majority nor ever will be.

ReputationRep:
    Religions do not obtain majorities at elections

Political parties do

ReputationRep:
    If it's put to a referendum then perfectly democratic for Sharia to be enshrined in law. Won't stop progressives from emigrating/rebelling, mind

(Original post by Arsenal96123)
    Islamophobia at its best, reported
    Im Islamophobic. This stems from my Necrophobia. So I am fearful of arriving at the Pearly gates in a million pieces, should I be reported also?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.