Turn on thread page Beta

What are your plans? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    :dontknow:
    ermm
    what you dunno?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not what you were looking for but I think writing this out might help me achieve my goals.

I haven't been very successfully socially thus far. Always had self esteem issues, a need for validation, among other fun traits. I think I can make a turnaround this summer, by starting now, and work on being at least relatively socially able, increase my self-esteem and set myself up for university and beyond.

So the next couple of weeks is research. I often get lost in this stage, forever trying to find the optimal plan when I just just do. It's a form of procrastination, probably a function of anxiety. So I'm going to work out what I want and how to achieve it. 6 months left until Sixth Form. I think in that time I can put on some bulk (skinny dude) and quit the addictive, obsessive internet binging.

I bought a guitar (and some juggling balls - why not haha) that's due to arrive on Wednesday. I will sign up to the gym on Tuesday. Of course, I'll make sure to keep revising. But I need to replace my destructive or passive time wasting pursuits with things that can make me feel good about myself. Going to the gym, playing an instrument, learning something weird and kinda funny, reading books more often and, finally, something social. This is the killer for me because I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll start playing football this summer. It seems like sports teams are the way to go with regards to easy social circles. But I'm not particularly talented. A martial art like BJJ seems like good fun.

Either way, after that and once I feel comfortable with myself, I think I'll start trying to get over my social anxiety wrt girls. Yeah, it's kinda pathetic but it is what it is.

So the next two weeks are going to comprise mostly of taking care of basic needs and trying to implement some structure into my life. Not exactly exciting but is probably needed. Eating well, sleeping well, getting exercise, etc. Want to try to drill myself into good habits.

Well, wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    you know those 6 hour long classical music study videos on YouTube? For some reason I am so addicted to them and ironically they don't help me study at all...
    :laugh: good luck for that

(Original post by fatima1998)
    :laugh: good luck for that
    thank you...? it's not really something I would wish good luck for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathstatician)
    Probably not what you were looking for but I think writing this out might help me achieve my goals.

I haven't been very successfully socially thus far. Always had self esteem issues, a need for validation, among other fun traits. I think I can make a turnaround this summer, by starting now, and work on being at least relatively socially able, increase my self-esteem and set myself up for university and beyond.

So the next couple of weeks is research. I often get lost in this stage, forever trying to find the optimal plan when I just just do. It's a form of procrastination, probably a function of anxiety. So I'm going to work out what I want and how to achieve it. 6 months left until Sixth Form. I think in that time I can put on some bulk (skinny dude) and quit the addictive, obsessive internet binging.

I bought a guitar (and some juggling balls - why not haha) that's due to arrive on Wednesday. I will sign up to the gym on Tuesday. Of course, I'll make sure to keep revising. But I need to replace my destructive or passive time wasting pursuits with things that can make me feel good about myself. Going to the gym, playing an instrument, learning something weird and kinda funny, reading books more often and, finally, something social. This is the killer for me because I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll start playing football this summer. It seems like sports teams are the way to go with regards to easy social circles. But I'm not particularly talented. A martial art like BJJ seems like good fun.

Either way, after that and once I feel comfortable with myself, I think I'll start trying to get over my social anxiety wrt girls. Yeah, it's kinda pathetic but it is what it is.

So the next two weeks are going to comprise mostly of taking care of basic needs and trying to implement some structure into my life. Not exactly exciting but is probably needed. Eating well, sleeping well, getting exercise, etc. Want to try to drill myself into good habits.

Well, wish me luck
    how long did that take you to write :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    thank you...? it's not really something I would wish good luck for...
    sitting on youtube for 6 hours
    that does need a good luck wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    how long did that take you to write :top:
    4 minutes. Journaling and blogging is one of the things I'm starting to do. It's really helping me develop my attention span over an extended period and results in more interesting thoughts. Before, anything over a twitter length post was exhausting.

I'd recommend it. Journaling about a day, especially when you've got nothing but school going on, is incredibly boring, so I started keeping a dream journal. In doing so, I'm now able to recall 2 dreams a night, minimum, when before I could have sworn I didn't dream at all. I've also achieved lucidity and control over the dreamscape meaning sleep time is basically a sandbox to play in!

Anyway, enjoy your break everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a 2 week Easter holiday, and for me I will be skiing with my school in France for the first week.
    And for the second week I will be regretting the skiing and be studying for National 5 exams.

I feel happy with how I have chosen to spend the holiday though. I just have to pass these National 5 exams as a stepping stone to get to Higher exams, which will decide whether or not I get to study Medicine!

ReputationRep:
    to stop just thinking about my happiness and getting work done and realising my morals and what I stand for
    I hope to go back to school as a better, responsible person.:closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Revision for uni exams and lots of coke.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    before the sugar tax comes in.

ReputationRep:
    revision

ReputationRep:

Well, wish me luck
    If you're skinny and a beginner, you might be paired with a girl in BJJ, could solve two of your problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)
    If you're skinny and a beginner, you might be paired with a girl in BJJ, could solve two of your problems.
    Ahaha. I want to offer a "**** you" but :lol:
    Maybe they'll put me on the girls' football team too
    Why didn't I consider this ingenious strategy? Stay skinny and win!

But, yeah, this is why I will put on muscle mass before sports team. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha. I want to offer a "**** you" but :lol:
    Maybe they'll put me on the girls' football team too
    Why didn't I consider this ingenious strategy? Stay skinny and win!

But, yeah, this is why I will put on muscle mass before sports team. :lol:
    I wasn't taking the piss, I roll with girls sometimes and they kick my arse. It could help anxiety as there's obviously physical contact that becomes increasingly less awkward when your main concentration is to stay conscious/ keep your arm bending the way it's supposed to. Not so much thinking "there's a girl sitting on me right now" more "what should I do to continue to breathe?"

ReputationRep:
    Will be working on biology coursework for the whole of the first week off and hopefully get it pretty much finished so I can make up a revision timetable next weekend and start serious revision in the second week

ReputationRep:
    Got my friend up from Liverpool for a few days this weekend and its mum's hen night tomorrow and then her wedding just after the spring holiday ends

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.