Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

so, I need to find and use youtube videos in an assessment I'm working on. The only issue is I can't find any suitable videos which show what I need them to show.
    I don't know how much time I have spent on youtube now watching endless videos not be useful (yes, before then getting distracted onto videos I am more interested in) but I am getting really annoyed.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to search on youtube to get what you want?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    Hi

so, I need to find and use youtube videos in an assessment I'm working on. The only issue is I can't find any suitable videos which show what I need them to show.
    I don't know how much time I have spent on youtube now watching endless videos not be useful (yes, before then getting distracted onto videos I am more interested in) but I am getting really annoyed.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to search on youtube to get what you want?

Thank you!
    what kinda videos you are looking for?
    and what keywords do you type when searching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    what kinda videos you are looking for?
    and what keywords do you type when searching
    I need videos of someone coaching climbing and kayaking (separately) and that show different coaching styles. It will end up being like 4-5 videos.

I been trying all kind of things, bit main keywords have been climbing, coaching, teaching, group, kayaking, and a combination of the same words.
    I've now found 1 video that shows It for climbing, but nothing else. The main problems are they have music on rather than someone talking/teaching anything, or it's just 'a video of my day out climbing'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    I need videos of someone coaching climbing and kayaking (separately) and that show different coaching styles. It will end up being like 4-5 videos.

I been trying all kind of things, bit main keywords have been climbing, coaching, teaching, group, kayaking, and a combination of the same words.
    I've now found 1 video that shows It for climbing, but nothing else. The main problems are they have music on rather than someone talking/teaching anything, or it's just 'a video of my day out climbing'.
    climbing what?
    mountain

ReputationRep:
    climbing what?
    mountain
    Rock Climbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    Rock Climbing
    did you tried typing this into youtube... "how to rock climb step by step"

ReputationRep:
    did you tried typing this into youtube... "how to rock climb step by step"
    Not yet
    Today I focused on writing about the 1 video I did find yesterday rather than more searching. I managed to write 575 words about it because their was 3 separate styles in that 1 video. so, maybe I don't need to find as many videos as I first thought which is good news.

But, thank's for the suggestion I will try that tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 tips for you and I hope they help:

- Look for related videos to that 1 video you found
    - Use a keyword planner (eg http://keywordtool.io/) to generate ideas for keywords around your area. This will broaden the search.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.