The Student Room Group

Asking out via Facebook yay or nay?

There's a girl in one of my societies that i like and wanna ask out. We're on Easter so i wont see her for 2 weeks. I've not really spoken to her much in person but i always attend meetings and contribute a lot. Is it smart to ask via Facebook or will it hurt my chances??

Scroll to see replies

no no no definitely not
Reply 2
Lol no...
Original post by Anonymous
There's a girl in one of my societies that i like and wanna ask out. We're on Easter so i wont see her for 2 weeks. I've not really spoken to her much in person but i always attend meetings and contribute a lot. Is it smart to ask via Facebook or will it hurt my chances??

lol dont ask her out on Facebook...just dont
Reply 4
Don't even ask her just change your relationship status for the banter
Speak to her in person so it's not so out-of-the-blue.
Reply 6
Don't see anything wrong with it personally. *shrugs*
Reply 7
be a man and do it face to face,

flowers would be nice too
Reply 8
Nothing wrong with it :cute:

in person > facebook but it's not a no-go
Reply 9
Original post by mkap
be a man and do it face to face,

flowers would be nice too

Alive preferably
Reply 10

You could ask to hang out with her over Facebook and then ask her out in person?
Reply 11
Original post by whorace
Alive preferably

thought that would be a no brainer :rofl:
Original post by SeanFM
Speak to her in person so it's not so out-of-the-blue.

I was thinking of saying something along the lines of "If you wanna get drunk, i know a cool bar" cos she posted a status saying she wanted to get drunk.

Does that sound sleazy and desperate?? I think it does.
Reply 13
Original post by mkap
thought that would be a no brainer :rofl:

Dead flowers are what you send your ex on her birthday.
Reply 14
I was thinking of saying something along the lines of "If you wanna get drunk, i know a cool bar" cos she posted a status saying she wanted to get drunk.

If she just updated her status to wanting to get drunk, sleazy and desperate sounds like her type.
Reply 15
Original post by whorace
Dead flowers are what you send your ex on her birthday.

not sending anything is even better. too much effort.

I'd cringe but I am not a girl :tongue:

I mean, if it's a recent status... maybe. If it's from like 200 weeks ago, don't like it or respond to it or anything :tongue:

Can't you organise a society night out? Then get closer to her that way. If you don't speak to her it might be weird asking her out why not chat on fb for a bit to see if she is interested and then when you see her at the society you can feel comfortable in approaching her and talking to her and ask whether she would like a drink after ect.
(edited 8 years ago)
Or how about trying to act like a normal human being by just going up to her and saying hi and start a conversation????? People are giving this way too much thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending