Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asking out via Facebook yay or nay? Watch

There's a girl in one of my societies that i like and wanna ask out. We're on Easter so i wont see her for 2 weeks. I've not really spoken to her much in person but i always attend meetings and contribute a lot. Is it smart to ask via Facebook or will it hurt my chances??

no no no definitely not

ReputationRep:
    Lol no...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a girl in one of my societies that i like and wanna ask out. We're on Easter so i wont see her for 2 weeks. I've not really spoken to her much in person but i always attend meetings and contribute a lot. Is it smart to ask via Facebook or will it hurt my chances??
    lol dont ask her out on Facebook...just dont

ReputationRep:
    Don't even ask her just change your relationship status for the banter
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Speak to her in person so it's not so out-of-the-blue.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see anything wrong with it personally. *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    be a man and do it face to face,

flowers would be nice too

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it :cute:

in person > facebook but it's not a no-go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    be a man and do it face to face,

flowers would be nice too
    Alive preferably

ReputationRep:
    You could ask to hang out with her over Facebook and then ask her out in person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Alive preferably
    thought that would be a no brainer :rofl:

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Speak to her in person so it's not so out-of-the-blue.
    I was thinking of saying something along the lines of "If you wanna get drunk, i know a cool bar" cos she posted a status saying she wanted to get drunk.

Does that sound sleazy and desperate?? I think it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    thought that would be a no brainer :rofl:
    Dead flowers are what you send your ex on her birthday.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of saying something along the lines of "If you wanna get drunk, i know a cool bar" cos she posted a status saying she wanted to get drunk.

If she just updated her status to wanting to get drunk, sleazy and desperate sounds like her type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Dead flowers are what you send your ex on her birthday.
    not sending anything is even better. too much effort.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

I'd cringe but I am not a girl

I mean, if it's a recent status... maybe. If it's from like 200 weeks ago, don't like it or respond to it or anything

ReputationRep:

Can't you organise a society night out? Then get closer to her that way. If you don't speak to her it might be weird asking her out why not chat on fb for a bit to see if she is interested and then when you see her at the society you can feel comfortable in approaching her and talking to her and ask whether she would like a drink after ect.

ReputationRep:
    Or how about trying to act like a normal human being by just going up to her and saying hi and start a conversation????? People are giving this way too much thought.

ReputationRep:
    http://33.media.tumblr.com/4010d58b3...iw1do1_250.gif

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.