Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you had loads of money? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Invest it in a trust fund, with a strong rate of return. So me and my family would be looked after for the rest of our lives!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Girl on TSR agrees with this though:

Attachment 515555

Then again I give my spare change to charity, but it's okay, I'm not rich.
    Cant read

ReputationRep:
    Big head start for getting everything I need to work for out of the way.

Then spend more time on doing the things I love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darshan98)
    So yeah as the title says,
    What would you do if you had £5 million?
    £3,000,000 property portfolio say one main house(£2M) and a house for my family(£500k) and a couple to rent abroad(£1M)
    my 12 dream cars(£600,000)
    my baby chopper(£200,000)
    my jewellery collection (£100,000)
    my watch collection (£100,000)
    gold investments (£500,000 in mixed physical formats)
    set up my business with the remainder (£500,000)

ReputationRep:
    finally be able to afford a freddo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    £3,000,000 property portfolio say one main house(£2M) and a house for my family(£500k) and a couple to rent abroad(£1M)
    my 12 dream cars(£600,000)
    my baby chopper(£200,000)
    my jewellery collection (£100,000)
    my watch collection (£100,000)
    gold investments (£500,000 in mixed physical formats)
    set up my business with the remainder (£500,000)
    In a trust fund, you hand the capital over to a reputable trust fund manager, who invests the money for you. Then you can live off the interest!

ReputationRep:
    id die, my life goal is to get rich and die alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gucci Mane.)
    which is?
    1) Prepare materials for, and seek, publication (bio-med articles + a topic digest book)

2) Raise awareness re: environmental health problems - especially lesser known ones like electrosmog

3) Establish a related pro-social enterprise that will hopefully help many people to optimise health and wellness, or at least gain respite

4) Have/be part of a large, happy, healthy, productive, and well adjusted, family/commune

ReputationRep:
    So yeah as the title says,
    What would you do if you had £5 million?
    All saved and use extremely sparingly

ReputationRep:
    Set up a set of investment holding company to provide me with income, but continue with my life as normal including getting a job.

So long as I have enough money to do the things I want to do (which are not particularly expensive), money is just whatever to me. My parents have a decent car, so my views are not motivated by bitterness or sour grapes, but to me, a car worth £500 is the same as a car worth £500,000. It's a piece of metal which transports you somewhere.

(This said I do care about safety for my family)

ReputationRep:
    Pay to go to medical school in Australia (probably university of Queensland) and maybe buy a house and go traveling (want to go to french polynesia). Probably save the rest to supplement my income when I graduate medical school

ReputationRep:
    £1m property to live in
    £250k Ferrari f12
    £100k G63 Amg
    £90k Porsche GT4
    £2.5m in index funds
    £1m in rental property
    Grand piano

ReputationRep:
    Not sure tbh loool. Would use it to pay off the university debt once I got there, and my college fees for next year and then idk..just...keep it and see what I need it for.

I'd like to keep my life on the same track (go to uni and yano get a degree first) and use the money to fund whatever the hell I wanna pursue after.

ReputationRep:
    buy 5 mill worth of bitcoins....wait a bit ... bingo

ReputationRep:
    Btw guys, just an advice for the people who love charities, giving to charity before your old days its a mistake. Turn your charity 1M into 20-50M by the time you are 60, and THEN donate the reaps to charity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    In a trust fund, you hand the capital over to a reputable trust fund manager, who invests the money for you. Then you can live off the interest!
    i know people who have done that and prefer quicker method investments such as gold bars and rare collectables

ReputationRep:
    i don't know that much about investing to tell you the truth. Although i have started an online certificate to educate myself more in to it? Probably the best $50 i ever spent!?!

ReputationRep:
    Put it all away in savings and continue to live modestly like I do now. When I die it will all go to my children, who I hope will also keep it in savings or spend it wisely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKoala)
    A small loan of 5 million dollars.
    Trump :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Trump :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.