The Student Room Group

What would you do if you had loads of money?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Girl on TSR agrees with this though:

Charity is a cold grey loveless thing.jpg

Then again I give my spare change to charity, but it's okay, I'm not rich.

Cant read :frown:
Big head start for getting everything I need to work for out of the way.

Then spend more time on doing the things I love.
Original post by Darshan98
So yeah as the title says,
What would you do if you had £5 million?

£3,000,000 property portfolio say one main house(£2M) and a house for my family(£500k) and a couple to rent abroad(£1M)
my 12 dream cars(£600,000)
my baby chopper(£200,000)
my jewellery collection (£100,000)
my watch collection (£100,000)
gold investments (£500,000 in mixed physical formats)
set up my business with the remainder (£500,000)
finally be able to afford a freddo
Original post by jamesthehustler
£3,000,000 property portfolio say one main house(£2M) and a house for my family(£500k) and a couple to rent abroad(£1M)
my 12 dream cars(£600,000)
my baby chopper(£200,000)
my jewellery collection (£100,000)
my watch collection (£100,000)
gold investments (£500,000 in mixed physical formats)
set up my business with the remainder (£500,000)

In a trust fund, you hand the capital over to a reputable trust fund manager, who invests the money for you. Then you can live off the interest!
Reply 45
id die, my life goal is to get rich and die alone.
So yeah as the title says,
What would you do if you had £5 million?

All saved and use extremely sparingly
Set up a set of investment holding company to provide me with income, but continue with my life as normal including getting a job.

So long as I have enough money to do the things I want to do (which are not particularly expensive), money is just whatever to me. My parents have a decent car, so my views are not motivated by bitterness or sour grapes, but to me, a car worth £500 is the same as a car worth £500,000. It's a piece of metal which transports you somewhere.

(This said I do care about safety for my family)
(edited 8 years ago)
Pay to go to medical school in Australia (probably university of Queensland) and maybe buy a house and go traveling (want to go to french polynesia). Probably save the rest to supplement my income when I graduate medical school
£1m property to live in
£250k Ferrari f12
£100k G63 Amg
£90k Porsche GT4
£2.5m in index funds
£1m in rental property
Grand piano
Not sure tbh loool. Would use it to pay off the university debt once I got there, and my college fees for next year and then idk..just...keep it and see what I need it for.

I'd like to keep my life on the same track (go to uni and yano get a degree first) and use the money to fund whatever the hell I wanna pursue after.
buy 5 mill worth of bitcoins....wait a bit ... bingo
Btw guys, just an advice for the people who love charities, giving to charity before your old days its a mistake. Turn your charity 1M into 20-50M by the time you are 60, and THEN donate the reaps to charity.
Original post by john2054
In a trust fund, you hand the capital over to a reputable trust fund manager, who invests the money for you. Then you can live off the interest!

i know people who have done that and prefer quicker method investments such as gold bars and rare collectables
i don't know that much about investing to tell you the truth. Although i have started an online certificate to educate myself more in to it? Probably the best $50 i ever spent!?!
Put it all away in savings and continue to live modestly like I do now. When I die it will all go to my children, who I hope will also keep it in savings or spend it wisely.
Reply 56
Original post by KingKoala
A small loan of 5 million dollars.

Trump :lol:
Trump :lol:

Invest the majority of the money into property, shares etc.

I would pay off my parent's mortgage and any outstanding debts.

Take my family on a very nice holiday and buy an apartment for myself.
Reply 59
Original post by KingKoala

Btw, who're supporting?

Quick Reply

Latest