Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    What makes you say that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, no particular reason, you just asked which one is 'sexier' and I gave you the answer. It just sounds like old Arabic names, this might sound funny but I'm interested in Arabic literature, and poems. If for instance, we had to choose between those two names, I see Sameer as that main character that I fell in love with while reading Nizar Qabani or others. If Sameer is you, then who's Mirza?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maria.x)
    Haha, no particular reason, you just asked which one is 'sexier' and I gave you the answer. It just sounds like old Arabic names, this might sound funny but I'm interested in Arabic literature, and poems. If for instance, we had to choose between those two names, I see Sameer as that main character that I fell in love with while reading Nizar Qabani or others. If Sameer is you, then who's Mirza?
    My first name is Mirza Sameer. My surname is Baig. Mirza is carried by the males of the family. If you wiki the name Mirza it'll come up with info. It's nice to know that you fell in love with me.😂😂😂

For some reason my Arabic friends say that Sameer is not an Arabic name. They say that it is Persian ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My first name is Mirza Sameer. My surname is Baig. Mirza is carried by the males of the family. If you wiki the name Mirza it'll come up with info. It's nice to know that you fell in love with me.😂😂😂

For some reason my Arabic friends say that Sameer is not an Arabic name. They say that it is Persian ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I see. And there won't be any need for that, I'm familiar with the name Mirza. Someone who was in my class last year, had a crush on me and his father's name is Mirza. Maybe that's why I'm not in good terms with the name. And hey! I mentioned nothing such as falling in love with you. There's not even a 1% chance that your name is Persian, it is Arabic. You can research on google.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see. And there won't be any need for that, I'm familiar with the name Mirza. Someone who was in my class last year, had a crush on me and his father's name is Mirza. Maybe that's why I'm not in good terms with the name. And hey! I mentioned nothing such as falling in love with you. There's not even a 1% chance that your name is Persian, it is Arabic. You can research on google.
    No. The Mirza is a title. For instance if I had a child I would name him Mirza X Baig.The x is the name I give him. Mirza is a title carried by the males of the family. That's what wiki was meant to tell you.

It was a joke. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Baig an Arabic surname ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lawrence Lockhart

(Original post by whorace)
    Prefer Sophie over Sofia, only acceptable if she's Greek or Bulgarian tbh
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    Ellie
    Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like Xavier for a boy. Not sure about my favourite girls' name.

ReputationRep:
    If I have a son I would name him Eskander

If I have a daughter I would name her Elise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always liked quite unusual names for boys, my favourite name is Chester. Howeverrrrrr, once you start finding someone attractive I think their name starts sounding more attractive out of association.
    That being said, I don't think I could ever find a 'Norbert' or 'Horris' attractive, ever.

ReputationRep:
    No. The Mirza is a title. For instance if I had a child I would name him Mirza X Baig.The x is the name I give him. Mirza is a title carried by the males of the family. That's what wiki was meant to tell you.

It was a joke. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've understood that it was meant to be a joke. :') I get it now, so what ethnicity do you belong to?

ReputationRep:
    Malcolm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeAWilson)
    I always liked quite unusual names for boys, my favourite name is Chester. Howeverrrrrr, once you start finding someone attractive I think their name starts sounding more attractive out of association.
    That being said, I don't think I could ever find a 'Norbert' or 'Horris' attractive, ever.
    Well versed. Agreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've understood that it was meant to be a joke. :') I get it now, so what ethnicity do you belong to?
    I'm Pakistani but my ancestry says otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your ethnicity ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your ethnicity ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bahraini.

Non Muslim names: Skye/Serena and Emrys/Damien/Xavier

Muslim Names: Ria/Amaya and Zakariya/Yahya

ReputationRep:
    Bahraini.
    Kl. Nice name by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kl. Nice name by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, named after my nana.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.