The Student Room Group

Do you know any Muslims?

After reading the threads on here I have to wonder do any of you know any Muslims in real life? If you do how do you act with these people that many of you believe are a part of a barbaric religion? As a Muslim I've never come across a person criticise my religion irl but on here it seems to be a we hate Muslims party.

Scroll to see replies

There is a difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims.
Reply 2
Original post by EastGuava
There is a difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims.

what's the difference?
*TSR is not representative of the general public
Yeah my best friend is Muslim
Reply 5
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
*TSR is not representative of the general public

I didn't ask about the general public i want to know about the people on tsr
Original post by Someone32
what's the difference?

One is opposing an ideology, which is reasonable; the other is disliking people simply because they follow that belief system, which is unreasonable.
Sadly, most ignorant people here act like lions but in real life they're pussy cats who wouldn't converse in such a manner.
I didn't ask about the general public i want to know about the people on tsr

Read the last sentence of your OP.
Now read my last post.

Does it make sense now?

Spoiler

After reading the threads on here I have to wonder do any of you know any Muslims in real life?
Yes
If you do, how do you act with these people that many of you believe are a part of a barbaric religion?
No different, as I see the Qur'an as wrong, which is very very different, as very few people listen to every part.
As a Muslim I've never come across a person criticise my religion irl but on here it seems to be a we hate Muslims party.
It just goes to show the level of free speech irl, however the majority of people on here are criticising a religion, which is a good and healthy action, not muslims. However, you are right, some go too far, and believe that all muslims follow everything litterally.
Yeah I'm Muslim but my family aren't really. They say they're Muslim but make stereotypes about Muslims and disrespect the religion. There is a lot of hate out there, I can't escape it even at home!
Not really. I certainly don't have any as close friends.

A lot of people forget that Muslims are concentrated into lower class ghettos of cities and therefore most British people would never properly meet a Muslim person. There are places in the devolved nations where seeing a Muslim or Black is unheard of.

In contrast, Indians and East Asians tend to be more spread out into towns and villages.
Reply 13
After reading the threads on here I have to wonder do any of you know any Muslims in real life? If you do how do you act with these people that many of you believe are a part of a barbaric religion? As a Muslim I've never come across a person criticise my religion irl but on here it seems to be a we hate Muslims party.

Yeah I kinda have a crush on a Muslim guy and I will not believe he is part of something barbaric... To me Daesh are not Muslims and just bloodthirsty killers

I will not believe ANY Muslims I know are evil and barbaric like ISIS as I know they are good people (I'm a Christian btw)
I had a couple of Muslim friends in school and they were awesome people! (Still are I'm sure lol)
Yes. Many. And they are great people (well some are just dicks).

Doesn't mean Islam is great or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemting
Yes. Many. And they are great people (well some are just dicks).

Doesn't mean Islam is great or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not like you can judge an entire religion from a few friends lol :biggrin:
Original post by balanced
It's not like you can judge an entire religion from a few friends lol :biggrin:

Many, not few haha.

But true lol. I "judge" my friends as individuals, not part of some collectivist movement

Posted from TSR Mobile
i currently know some and my step dad (there now divorced) was a muslim
Reply 19
What does this have to do with the fact that muslim terrorism has killed over 3,000 in the last 30 days alone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending