The Student Room Group

I am so fed up with Desi Uncles making comments about my height !?

Hi

I am so done ! Ok I am a male and I am 164cm tall. Pretty short for societial expectations, but whatever man. But I am extremelely muscular and have a nice and symmetrical face, and a good black thick beard, Last but not least I have a nice ass ( extremely important),

However for these ****ing Desi uncles always ask " Why are you so short?"
err. I did not choose to be short. No one chooses their height ! And then they laugh and call me a midget. 164 cm is not even that short. It is perfectly average.

"Why are you so fat", that is the reply I wanna give them. I did not choose my height but you are choosing to remain fat by eating rotis with daal and biriyani all day wtih a nice glass of lassi and no excercise.

. It is really taking away my confidence. I dont know man, maybe I am too short,

I am 21, but I might grow, as my Dad apperantly grew when he was 22 and and my elder brothers also grew in their 20s., must be in the family..but it does not make a difference.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Manlet. My shoes are bigger than you
Being a broad guy, it'll just make you seem shorter FYI, probably why they keep bringing it up...
Reply 3
Original post by whorace
Manlet. My shoes are bigger than you

Really? Seriously **** off. Not in the mood. And even my own Desi parents are telling me to grow. It is not funny!
Reply 4
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Being a broad guy, it'll just make you seem shorter FYI, probably why they keep bringing it up...

is 5 foot 5 even short??
Reply 5
Tell them to **** off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make a comment about their weight jokingly, that should shut them up. Be like "joh bhi hai, aap ke jaisa mota peth toh nahi hai" or something like that and laugh it off.

Make sure it comes across in a friendly banter type of way, though.
(edited 8 years ago)
lol midget.
Reply 8
o jeez such a troll mocking height issues in asian communities
Original post by I am Halal

eating rotis with daal and biriyani all day wtih a nice glass of lassi

Life: Your uncles are doing it right.
Reply 10
Really? Seriously **** off. Not in the mood. And even my own Desi parents are telling me to grow. It is not funny!

They probably know it annoys you dwarf
Original post by whorace
They probably know it annoys you dwarf

What a savage beast!
I'd be more worried about your skin colour than your height.
Reply 13
you're not really that short but because youre extremely muscular it might look a little weird

forget about em man
Reply 14
"Why are you so fat", that is the reply I wanna give them. I did not choose my height but you are choosing to remain fat by eating rotis with daal and biriyani all day wtih a nice glass of lassi and no excercise

Go on then; do it for the bants
Original post by CreamyChocolate
I'd be more worried about your skin colour than your height.

Lollllll
Reply 16
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Go on then; do it for the bants

Don't you think he should,

Be the bigger man?
I mean, it could be worse.

How tall is your dad?
Reply 18
Original post by fire_and_ice
Make a comment about their weight jokingly, that should shut them up. Be like "joh bhi hai, aap ke jaisa mota peth toh nahi hai" or something like that and laugh it off.

Make sure it comes across in a friendly banter type of way, though.

I did reply once with a similar comment but my parents got extremely angry, so I can afford to it again.

I think they only do it because they make themselves feel better by degrading and demeaning other children to hide the fact that they own children are failures
Reply 19
Original post by Section Boyz
I mean, it could be worse.

How tall is your dad?

180cm. I might grow, but not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest