The Student Room Group

Why are so many guys insecure about their height?

Why are so many guys insecure about their height?

i feel as though it's more of a recent trend now..................

Scroll to see replies

Societial expectations. Just like some women are insecure about their wheight.
Reply 2
Original post by I am Halal

who encouraged the notion guys should be tall? the media?

is it just female human nature?
Reply 3

And tall women are insecure about their height

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bill_Gates
who encouraged the notion guys should be tall? the media?

is it just female human nature?

Good question. I dont know. I think the media because, there are plenty of girls who prefert short men.
Because they think it defines their masculinity.
Reply 6
Good question. I dont know. I think the media because, there are plenty of girls who prefert short men.

most relationships formed are between taller males and shorter females think it's something like 87%.
Reply 7
Sigh, because all the little people at school look at me and say "Gosh, He's so tall", I never know if they like my tallness or are disgusted by it (Guess it doesn't help that I'm pretty thin). Im about 6"1 my friend who is a bigger build than me never gets anyone talking about his tallness. Its weird, i feel pretty self conscious of it though.
I think its obvious, its because people make a big thing of it, especially women.
Reply 9
Original post by Foo.mp3
Stature is huge @ male attraction + tall people generally do better in life vocationally + you're less likely to be victimised + can reach things :yy:

i've never gone without weetabix that's for sure. #TopShelfLife
Original post by 999tigger
I think its obvious, its because people make a big thing of it, especially women.

true especially on the internet
In my school, every year the kids in the years below seemed to get taller :s-smilie: except for the Year 7s, they are always tiny.

But I would imagine one reason is women and 'having' to be taller than them to get their interest.
(edited 8 years ago)

You talk from experience innit?
Original post by JohnGreek
greater height correlates with a larger shoe size

larger shoe sizes correlate with larger d***s

/easy

Simples
Which hot girl goes out with a midget? none lol
Because...people bring it up all too often.

I'm 5ft6. 5ft7 on a good day haha. I can't change it...so there's no point for me to complain about it...but you know, a lot of girls just want a taller guy.
Reply 16
Because everyone seems to make a big deal out of it. I don't understand why a lot of tall guys somehow act superior towards me, and assume I have short man's syndrome or something :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm male and 5ft 6, most girls dismiss me because I am short, plenty of female friends but few have wanted to date me. It seems most girls are taller than me and if they where heals thst compounds the problem
Reply 18
Original post by kkboyk
Because everyone seems to make a big deal out of it. I don't understand why a lot of tall guys somehow act superior towards me, and assume I have short man's syndrome or something :s

Just cus I burst into French when I get called small doesn't mean I have a napoleon complex!
Original post by A$aprocky
You talk from experience innit?

LOOL savagee

Quick Reply

Latest