Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are so many guys insecure about their height? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm male and 5ft 6, most girls dismiss me because I am short, plenty of female friends but few have wanted to date me. It seems most girls are taller than me and if they where heals thst compounds the problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Because everyone seems to make a big deal out of it. I don't understand why a lot of tall guys somehow act superior towards me, and assume I have short man's syndrome or something :s
    Just cus I burst into French when I get called small doesn't mean I have a napoleon complex!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$aprocky)
    You talk from experience innit?
    LOOL savagee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Because...people bring it up all too often.

I'm 5ft6. 5ft7 on a good day haha. I can't change it...so there's no point for me to complain about it...but you know, a lot of girls just want a taller guy.
    I always say, play the hand life gave you. Embrace it!

But just find it weird some guys take it to heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulmather1990)
    I'm male and 5ft 6, most girls dismiss me because I am short, plenty of female friends but few have wanted to date me. It seems most girls are taller than me and if they where heals thst compounds the problem
    always hear girls wanting to wear heels and still be shorter than the guy but i always thought it was just them being superficial and not serious.

Society made them feel this way .. Some guys are not insecure !
    Then they discover TSR.
    Then they see a "rate this guy" thread.
    Then they see each other as numbers.
    Then they feel insecure.

Society society ~ Tell me who is the most handsome man in the world ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Then they discover TSR.
    Then they feel insecure.

me!

but i hear you.

(Original post by Bill_Gates)
    me!

but i hear you.
    :lol:

it's crazy how people's minds can be leaded by the conventions the society created for them - at least for those who accept to follow ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Just cus I burst into French when I get called small doesn't mean I have a napoleon complex!
    Learn how to dunk a basketball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulmather1990)
    I'm male and 5ft 6
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Because most girls prefer tall guys and many want only tall guys hence why lots of short guys have made threads about it.

ReputationRep:
    I always say, play the hand life gave you. Embrace it!

But just find it weird some guys take it to heart.
    That's all you can do really. Change the things you can...and don't worry about the things you can change.

Cos it's obvious and a lot of people laugh at it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say i've encountered a more meaningless thread

ReputationRep:
    More guys are insecure about the size of their penis, which in my opinion is something slightly more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Then they discover TSR.
    Then they feel insecure.

Society: NO!

Anyways, I don't think it's just guys that get this, it's girls as well. Those who work in the beauty field and are seen as "beauties and beasts" make trends, magazines anything beauty related so you can follow and those who can't follow and are unable to reach that "ideal beauty" become insecure and (blah, blah, blah, I don't know what I'm saying, I should just go to bed already)

About the trends and rating I agree that they mess-up your confidence like for example: the "Don't judge me challenge" campaign that was supposed to be about inside beauty and to end body shaming but ended up the opposite of what it was supposed to be thanks to all of those shallow people putting on a make-up to look like as what they perceived "ugly" and cover the camera and reveal their "beautiful" self (cough) after 4-5hrs of make-up. (Cough)

ReputationRep:
    Napoleon was average height for the time iirc. He only looked short alongside his grenadier guards who were above 5' 9".

That said, he did force his first wife Josephine to wear flat soles so she didn't appear taller than him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buonaparte)
    Napoleon was average height for the time iirc. He only looked short alongside his grenadier guards who were above 5' 9".

That said, he did force his first wife Josephine to wear flat soles so she didn't appear taller than him.
    I know the history, it was British propaganda to provide motive for troops, still it ruins the joke so shh

ReputationRep:
    I know the history, it was British propaganda to provide motive for troops, still it ruins the joke so shh
    Poor old Boney.

ReputationRep:
    who encouraged the notion guys should be tall? the media?

is it just female human nature?
    Nature.

Being tall is associated with higher levels of testosterone, and naturally women are attracted to it.

Much like deep voices.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.