Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are so many guys insecure about their height? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    always hear girls wanting to wear heels and still be shorter than the guy but i always thought it was just them being superficial and not serious.
    This is genuinely something girls consider before talking to guys, 'would he still be taller than me if I wore heels?' I hear this a lot at school, but always have to remind people that it doesn't bother me. The reality is I will not easily find a guy that tall for myself, and anyway I think people need to value more important things such as... personality above height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1999)
    This is genuinely something girls consider before talking to guys, 'would he still be taller than me if I wore heels?' I hear this a lot at school, but always have to remind people that it doesn't bother me. The reality is I will not easily find a guy that tall for myself, and anyway I think people need to value more important things such as... personality above height.
    i dont think that will happen tbh. But nice thought.
    If anything it's
    Height/Looks/££££ and then personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Halal)
    kevin hart u piece of ****
    Kevin Hart is incredibly banterous, which makes up for his lack of height. You're just a grumpy dwarf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I know girls are involved in all this ****, I just said guys because it's the thread subject
    Whatever, you're right, and it's scary, because when girls see models, they wanna look like them; even unconsciously. The thing is that fashion is ephemeral and changing, it means even if people get the body the want (I mean for ex being thin etc) , one criteria might change , and the race to "perfection" is up again.
    Sad, because it looks like people are cursed all their life to try to pursue a changing image that society choose for them. And how do we change that ? Tbh , I don't know ..
    PROSM. I really pity those who follow this "race" for perfection. If this whole shallow minded pressure from society manages to fade away in the future then this world would have a chance to fix it's flaw.

(Original post by Eriasu)
    PROSM. I really pity those who follow this "race" for perfection. If this whole shallow minded pressure from society manages to fade away in the future then this world would have a chance to fix it's flaw.
    So do I. By following conventions, people simply forget to live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1999)
    I'm about the same height and as a girl it gets pointed out a lot. It used to really bother me when I was younger but now I quite like being tall and find that in response to comments about it sarcasm is usually best. 'Great observational skills there', 'No s**t', that kind of thing.
    I shall use these new skills. thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    I shall use these new skills. thank you
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Because a lot of men are manlets.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is quite important to girls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.