Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I'm sorry, I've had a brief look over the other questions posted, but I'm still a bit confused.
    Okay, so my predicament is I would like to resit year 2 on my own accord. I do not know yet if I'm going to fail, most likely I will not, I just won't get such a nice grade.
    I went on Erasmus for the first semester (NOTE If you're thinking of going on Erasmus and you're normally a UK student, go second semester...) there is a clash, or overlap, of time tables from my UK uni and my Erasmus Uni in January, as I started a month later aboard. To avoid having to panic revise and catch up back home (I was about 5 weeks behind the other students, I wasn't aware of this when I began my term aboard, I thought I'd be back in time for January) I went to another uni and I'm currently spending another semester aboard.
    The first uni didn't teach me any further stats, which I'm sorely disappointed at as I like stats... they just went over last years. In general, as people may be aware, the learning standards are a bit lower on Erasmus. Missing stats was reason enough for me to want to resit. But now in this second uni aboard, I'm hating it. There are no classes for me as I'm 'Erasmus', but I still have to do the same level of assessments as the regular students.
    I really can not teach myself my degree. I do love maths and I so enjoyed first year. But my enthusiasm for this subject has just gone from too much expectations and too little support. I've learnt next to nothing this entire year.

So... How can I resit the full year? Will I still be funded? Would it be easier to move unis? Or will I have to pay back to SFE? Will I still be able to use my last 3 months of Erasmus? (I want to learn a language with it) I'm still aiming high with my degree, would resitting affect that?

Thank you so much if you've read all that and if you have any light to shine on this. I'm really lost, and at the moment I feel like dropping out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mathmagician314)
    Hello all,

I'm sorry, I've had a brief look over the other questions posted, but I'm still a bit confused.
    Okay, so my predicament is I would like to resit year 2 on my own accord. I do not know yet if I'm going to fail, most likely I will not, I just won't get such a nice grade.
    I went on Erasmus for the first semester (NOTE If you're thinking of going on Erasmus and you're normally a UK student, go second semester...) there is a clash, or overlap, of time tables from my UK uni and my Erasmus Uni in January, as I started a month later aboard. To avoid having to panic revise and catch up back home (I was about 5 weeks behind the other students, I wasn't aware of this when I began my term aboard, I thought I'd be back in time for January) I went to another uni and I'm currently spending another semester aboard.
    The first uni didn't teach me any further stats, which I'm sorely disappointed at as I like stats... they just went over last years. In general, as people may be aware, the learning standards are a bit lower on Erasmus. Missing stats was reason enough for me to want to resit. But now in this second uni aboard, I'm hating it. There are no classes for me as I'm 'Erasmus', but I still have to do the same level of assessments as the regular students.
    I really can not teach myself my degree. I do love maths and I so enjoyed first year. But my enthusiasm for this subject has just gone from too much expectations and too little support. I've learnt next to nothing this entire year.

So... How can I resit the full year? Will I still be funded? Would it be easier to move unis? Or will I have to pay back to SFE? Will I still be able to use my last 3 months of Erasmus? (I want to learn a language with it) I'm still aiming high with my degree, would resitting affect that?

Thank you so much if you've read all that and if you have any light to shine on this. I'm really lost, and at the moment I feel like dropping out.
    If you're allowed to re-sit the year or not will depend on your university's policies. Do you have a personal tutor you can have a chat to?

ReputationRep:
    a bit confused - you want to resit the year at an erasmus university? or will your exams be at uni in the uk?
    one of my friends was in a similar-ish situation, except she just didn't feel ready to take the exams, so took 6 years to do a BSc. She got a high First in the end. reasons being - boyfriend troubles one year, didn't manage to revise because she was tutoring the other year... she just spoke to the undergraduate tutor in the department and it all seemed fine. she got a Master's offer at the end of her degree but decided she didn't want to take it. in any case, do what feels right for you, if finances allow for it... because you only get one shot at it..

edit: i forgot to actually say how she went about it she spoke to the tutor and asked whether she can just take the exams the following year, without attendance.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this isn't the right post where I should ask this but I didn't wanted to create a new post just for this.
    I wanted to ask if anybody knows if 2 students can apply for erasmus so they can live together? I'm talking about students being in the same university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.