Turn on thread page Beta

Paris, Turkey, Belgium, now Iraq - 29+ Muslims killed in ISIS stadium bombing watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    So what's the point of this thread? You still haven't answered.

I'd love to see some evidence backing up the notion that Western readers care as much, if not more, about the Iraqi attacks than the Brussels ones

Not sure if trolling or not.
    Your first reply is a lie and a dumb question, the second is nonsensical and talks about 'evidence', the third talks about 'trolling'.

Good grief. I suppose you've 'owned' me now or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Your first reply is a lie and a dumb question, the second is nonsensical and talks about 'evidence', the third talks about 'trolling'.

Good grief. I suppose you've 'owned' me now or something.
    You've managed to bait so many people into engaging into a completely vacuous discussion about... well, whatever you're arguing about, that I guess that you have no one to congratulate but yourself. Thanks for wasting our time in this endless circular discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    You've managed to bait so many people
    Ok going to stop you there. It sounds like you spend far too much time on forums, and you need to cut this insult-hurling and internet argument crap. I'm going to have to stop reading this post and your future posts.

Which would be the exact opposite of 'trolling' and 'baiting', what a shocker.

ReputationRep:
    Ok going to stop you there. It sounds like you spend far too much time on forums, and you need to cut this insult-hurling and internet argument crap. I'm going to have to stop reading this post and your future posts.

Which would be the exact opposite of 'trolling' and 'baiting', what a shocker.
    The comments on your profile suggest that you like pointless arguments quite a bit But I'd like to thank you for not wasting our time nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35901358

Just like what they wanted to do in Paris, and just as many killed as in Belgium. But they were Muslim and in an Asian country.

So let's see how the news and social media covers it and arranges tributes.

Didn't see a thread (no surprise).
    That's because nobody GAF what happens in Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    we can also agree that both are problems with islamic terrorism and islamic terrorism is more expected in islamic countries like iraq, especially when islamic countries like saudi and various islamic charities are funding islamic groups in iraq
    This is their way of justifying terrorist attacks. They can't find any other way to justify the Brussels bombing or otherwise seeming contrarian, so this is what they latch onto. It's ****ing pathetic.

It's also straight-up wrong. The Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand in 2011 killed 185 people and injured 2000, and pretty much flattened that city. There was about as much coverage of that as there has been of the suicide bombing in the Baghdad stadium (which was covered by the Daily Mail, Guardian, Washington Post etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    Ok going to stop you there. It sounds like you spend far too much time on forums
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black given you've been on CiF for the last 8 years and accrued thousands upon thousands of posts.

What is interesting is that your posts are so worthless that despite 7 years in which to accrue gems, you've barely made it into the light green

ReputationRep:
    It's very sad that this ISIS-sympathising troll has managed to destroy any serious opportunity for discussion about the actual attack, instead turning it into the usual Islamic victimhood bull-****

ReputationRep:
    If it happens in a terrorist shi*thole that has been war driven for decades due to a backward religion being the law then that's their problem.

Just don't bring your nonsense to the west and try and destroy a beautiful continent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black given you've been on CiF for the last 8 years and accrued thousands upon thousands of posts.

What is interesting is that your posts are so worthless that despite 7 years in which to accrue gems, you've barely made it into the light green
    Exactly! I got all those posts years ago, so I'm speaking from experience. In 2010, I realised what a waste it all was, and didn't go on forums for a couple of years. Even when I returned, I posted like once a month.

If I recall right, rep was reset a while ago. If so, this actually shows you how little I use forums now (though I've been on it quite a bit recently haha).

Meanwhile, here you are taking offense to what I've said... because you have an average post rate of 18 per day. 200 posts in 2 weeks. At this rate, you'll have more posts than me in less than 2 years, when it took me 8 years! To top it off, your idea of an insult is to mock my 'rep'. You have a serious problem.

ReputationRep:
    200 posts in 2 weeks
    Your desperation to justify yourself is hilarious :lol:

You've made about 150 posts in the last 2 weeks.

when it took me 8 years
    I think it somewhat unlikely I'll be here eight years from now. But I bet you still will be, past behaviour being the best predictor of future behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    A "let's see how the news/social media/world reacts to this in comparison to the recent attack closer to home", "Nobody cares when Muslims die" thread.

You clearly didn't start this thread simply to tell us the news, based on your comments in the OP.
    perfectly right: this is the obvious motive behind this thread

in reality, next to no one cares if the victims in Paris, Brussels (or London, Madrid) were Christians, atheists, Scientologists or Muslims. They were humans, and we mourn them equally (except if we personally knew any of them)

The fact they received more attention does not depend only from the fact of close geographic distance : it also depends from the intensity of contacts, and because consequences will be felt by everyone

many security measures are being decided at EU level, and what happens in Paris has quite a stronger impact on us than what happens in Baghdad

in any case, there is always more attention given, in foreign news reports about disasters/attacks, for the fate of the relevant nationals. And this depends also from the fact that they want to inform relatives if there is a risk of a loved one being involved

say, if an attack or disaster happens in the UK, Spanish media may give quite some attention to the possibiltiy of Spanish citizens being involved, so as to inform its public of risks to family and friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    Your desperation to justify yourself is hilarious :lol:

You've made about 150 posts in the last 2 weeks.

I think it somewhat unlikely I'll be here eight years from now. But I bet you still will be, past behaviour being the best predictor of future behaviour
    So when I reply, I'm 'desperate to justify', but when you reply you're not.

I'm well aware you use forums to argue to deal with self esteem or personal issue, so you'll disagree and 'lol' etc. regardless of what I'll say, but you did say something factually wrong so I was correcting it. Makes no difference if you want to pretend I'm lying or something.

If past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour, I'll disappear soon and not post for years, and if I come back you'll have more posts in 2 years than I did my whole time here. Sure shows me!

ReputationRep:
    one of the american school is jeddah where im currently living got an ISIS threat where it is majority muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Poor souls :sad: These suckers are such kill-joys (if you'll pardon the pun), attacking football games and parks? Way to lose sympathy! :lolwut:

P.S. Strong OP to sig correlation :erm:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.