Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be having my exams in May, and I want to do very well (obtain 35+ points). It would be great if those who achieved 35+ could tell me what they did to get such high scores... I am very nervous

ReputationRep:
    Well, in order to get the high scores (35+), it is important for you to work hard... Keep doing past papers, attend extra courses (after classes), and always ask your teachers for help if you do not understand something. Work hard, and never give up... YOU CAN DO WELL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamilkaaaberry(:)
    Well, in order to get the high scores (35+), it is important for you to work hard... Keep doing past papers, attend extra courses (after classes), and always ask your teachers for help if you do not understand something. Work hard, and never give up... YOU CAN DO WELL!
    That's right. If you don't understand something or a concept after class, ask the teacher or do more research and make sure you understand because most schools (I'm assuming you're in the first year of IB) don't manage to finish the course until mid-April in your final year so consolidation and time management is also key But everyone can achieve it if they work hard enough! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katrii98)
    I will be having my exams in May, and I want to do very well (obtain 35+ points). It would be great if those who achieved 35+ could tell me what they did to get such high scores... I am very nervous
    There's no need to be nervous
    The main way to do well in IB is to constantly study. The main mistake people do is that they ignore their studies in the beginning and cram everything later on, which results in them not understanding much. If you study moderate amounts but consistently, it will help you a lot. Also, make notes. I can't stress this enough. They will help you towards the end of IB and writing down things always makes you remember. Write down notes in a concise manner that you can easily understand. By referring to them you can do more past papers as you won't spend countless hours reading the huge textbooks again. Remember to include all the points though so you don't have to refer to your textbook again.
    Lastly, relax. Stressing out will not allow your brain to function and you'll become more paranoid as you get closer to the exam.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course it isnt easy to achieve excellent scores like 35 or above, as in order to get such scores you need to work like crazy forever. However, what everyone else says here is correct. Stick to the syllabus, always ask questions if you dont understand something and dont slack off. If you work hard, though, you will be able to get that great 35

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, it is not easy to achieve a score of 35 or higher. However, attaining such a score is far from impossible though (if you work consistently). Just like many people have already mentioned, you need to follow syllabus, as well as ask questions if there is something that you don't understand. Good luck!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.