Turn on thread page Beta

Will they steal the election from Trump? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Irrespective of whether you agree with his views or not, it's a sad state of affairs if the the person most popular with Republican voters doesn't get the Republican nomination. I mean, imagine the furore there would have been if after everyone voted for who they wanted to lead Labour, Harriet Harman came out and said 'Actually, we don't really like Corbyn cause we don't think he can win an election. So we're going to ignore your votes and go with someone we'd prefer'. It's pretty farcical. But then again, the American political system is pretty farcical all round, so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    The democratic system is clearly broken when Trump is winning. He's like a parody of himself, he's like ****ing satire, but he's brilliant at manipulating stupid people.
    Just cause you disagree with someone's opinion doesn't make them stupid. And just because a democratic system happens to show the person whose favoured by the majority doesn't align themselves with your views, doesn't make the system broken. It's rather the hallmark of democratic society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)

How does he manipulate stupid people?
    Why don't you tell us why you like him?

ReputationRep:
    It's also a hallmark of the true attitude of some on the left to democracy and freedom of choice and speech of others.
    I haven't heard one person from the left condemned the pack that blocked the road to one of Trumps meetings and physically threatened and turned people back.
    Can you just picture the uproar if a group of Trump supporters did this at a Hillary or Bernie rally? The sheer hypocrisy is cloying.
    Added to which do they think for one second it convinced one follower or even potential follower of Trump that they were wrong to support him? If anything they have done the opposite, in spades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    How does he manipulate stupid people?
    Look at his supporters: mostly angry, white, male, uneducated, racist, xenophobes, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Look at his supporters: mostly angry, white, male, uneducated, racist, xenophobes, etc.
    The sheer intolerance of people with different views to you is frankly unbelievable, especially given as that is what you're supposedly against.

ReputationRep:
    I see blacks and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I see blacks and women.
    I see MOSTLY white men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    "I love the poorly-educated!" Donald Trump

Tbf he also won the "highly education" vote too apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What exactly is wrong with that statement (in and of itself)? The presidents job is to represent everyone, that includes the poorly educated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    The sheer intolerance of people with different views to you is frankly unbelievable, especially given as that is what you're supposedly against.
    Gotta love the implication that being white and male is some sort of defect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Yeah I agree protesting has absolutely no place in a democracy :fuhrer:
    A protest where people sexual assault women then go on Twitter and say that is what you sign up for if you support trump and that they hope someone's wife is next has absolutely no place in a democracy.

ReputationRep:
    I see MOSTLY white men
    Mostly white people in a mostly white country I am shocked

ReputationRep:
    Who are you to call them morons? They are clearly just upset at his evil, hateful rhetoric. What is moronic about that? About not wanting your country to be divided by a new Hitler?
    If you don't want him to be president then don't vote for him, vote for someone else. That's how democracy works.
    If you riot when someone you don't like gets elected then that defeats the purpose of democracy in the first place.

It isn't like any of them can justify their hate without lying anyway.

The democratic system is clearly broken when Trump is winning. He's like a parody of himself, he's like ****ing satire, but he's brilliant at manipulating stupid people.
    No it isn't broken, democracy exists to be fair not to give you what you want all of the time. If you think right-wingers don't deserve representation then maybe you should advocate for exemption of tax for us.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't an election, it's a selection, the vote has already been made by the establishment and the GOP. Hilary Clinton will be the next president of the US.

Americans want change, so a lot have voted and will continue to vote for Trump. He will be nominated as the Republican candidate but will fall at the final hurdle.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Translation: democracy isn't giving the result I want it to, it is broken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    This isn't an election, it's a selection, the vote has already been made by the establishment and the GOP. Hilary Clinton will be the next president of the US.

Americans want change, so a lot have voted and will continue to vote for Trump. He will be nominated as the Republican candidate but will fall at the final hurdle.
    and Sanders

ReputationRep:
    and Sanders
    Sanders has no chance of catching up with Clinton, nor does Cruz on the republican side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Sanders has no chance of catching up with Clinton, nor does Cruz on the republican side.
    Regardless, people are voting Sanders (and will continue to vote for him) because they want change - and they despise Clinton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComradeLenin)
    If it's Trump vs Hillary, he wins easily. He is about the same as her regarding donestic policy. If Bernie wins the nomination, he'll walk it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bernie is not electable as President. He's great but he would never win in America.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless, people are voting Sanders (and will continue to vote for him) because they want change - and they despise Clinton

I hate her too, she's scum. How can you possibly be able to run for Presidency when you're being investigated by the FBI?!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.