Turn on thread page Beta

Travelling Agencies Advice watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Looking at going travelling this summer around asia for a month or two. Cant decide if I want to book and plan it all myself in the hope I save some money, or go with a company and be have that side all taken care of, plus be travelling with others.

What travelling companies have you guys used/recommend? Are they worth the money? For those who booked it all yourselves, how did you ensure you met other travellers? Did you look up the traveller hostels listed on the agency websites and book into them? Is there a way you can book onto the agencies guided tours etc but not anything else?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afsilvest1)
    Hey guys,

Looking at going travelling this summer around asia for a month or two. Cant decide if I want to book and plan it all myself in the hope I save some money, or go with a company and be have that side all taken care of, plus be travelling with others.

What travelling companies have you guys used/recommend? Are they worth the money? For those who booked it all yourselves, how did you ensure you met other travellers? Did you look up the traveller hostels listed on the agency websites and book into them? Is there a way you can book onto the agencies guided tours etc but not anything else?

Cheers!
    I don't know about Asia but my brother in his gap year went to South America with Star Travel/ Overland (not sure really if the connection between the two companies. It was an organised tour and he loved it. I know they do trips all around the world so they might have one which might interest you.
    My brother would definitely recommend them.
    I can find out more details from him if you like.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    How long do you spend to travel around Asia? You need 3 months at least to travel around SEA with Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. First you can refer a itinerary: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hue - Hoi An - Ho Chi Minh City - Cambodia - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap. If you have money to travel by filght to the country to the others, if not, you can take a train to Thailand to Vietnam and catch bus to Cambodia with lower cost. Further, for example, Vietnam you should travel by puplic bus which saving more money than flight. About tour agency, I can introduce for you, the agency which i always book tour or rent car at Vietnam Tour Booking. It's good agency with professional staff, I really sastified with your care. Last but not least, with VTB16CX coupon code, you'll off 10% for all tours on the website.
    Happy travels!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't like being tied to a pre-planned trip. I'd recommend using Skyscanner and planning your destinations and flights. Then find the best places to stay within your budget. It sounds like you want to hang out with other travellers so the hostel route would be good. If you like tours then you don't really need to plan those in advance, most hotels/hostels can book these for you on the day/a day before.

Package holidays just feel restricted to me, but I know a lot of people appreciate what they offer so by all means if that suits you go for it. But when you've planned everything yourself, it will feel less restrictive (and I presume cheaper).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrianlopez)
    How long do you spend to travel around Asia? You need 3 months at least to travel around SEA with Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. First you can refer a itinerary: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hue - Hoi An - Ho Chi Minh City - Cambodia - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap.
    How come it takes 3 months to do that circuit? How long are you spending in each place?

ReputationRep:
    Each country you spend 1 month. About Vietnam, you can refer at https://www.vietnamtourbooking.com/en/ to find suitable itinerary for you. If you travel by bus cross through each country, you'll amazing experiences , i promise.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.