Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have my audition dates for both RADA and LAMDA. In both emails to confirm my dates and on the application form too, it stated that at both interviews there would be a questionnaire (test/quiz?). I was just wondering if anyone who has interviewed at either of these schools previously could give me an idea of that the questionnaire will entail?
    And at the risk of sounding like a child, are the questions hard? Im a bit nervous!

I really want to nail the interviews so any advice/experience from either uni would be amazing (especially about the questionnaires)

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i had my interview at LAMDA about a month ago, the questionnaire is literally just asking about your experience so far and your career aspirations etc. It isn't a test or anything. The actual interview process if really laid-back as well, it's basically a chat about your ambitions/your love for theatre/experience etc.
    Good luck at your interviews! Do you have a top choice or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry for my late reply! Thanks for your reply, that's good to know! How did you find LAMDA?
    I'm still in the fence with regards to my top choice, I'm thinking long term and I would like to do a masters in directing (providing I get that far ;-)) which I know LAMDA offers, but I'm keeping an open mind until I've seen and interviewed and all my choices. How about you? Do you have a preferable choice yet?
    Thanks again for your reply!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char1992)
    Hey, sorry for my late reply! Thanks for your reply, that's good to know! How did you find LAMDA?
    I'm still in the fence with regards to my top choice, I'm thinking long term and I would like to do a masters in directing (providing I get that far ;-)) which I know LAMDA offers, but I'm keeping an open mind until I've seen and interviewed and all my choices. How about you? Do you have a preferable choice yet?
    Thanks again for your reply!!
    LAMDA was my top choice by far, it was also my last interview and i found out about two days after my interview that i got in! So i'm officially going there now and i'm still over the moon about it :3 It's just finding accommodation now :/

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing!!! Congratulations! I bet you can't wait!! I'll let you know how I get on and if I get in and decide to go there just out of interest, what was it that made it your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Also, sorry to ask but what experience do you have? I'm trying to gauge if what I have is enough or not! I think that's one of the things freaking me out the most!!

ReputationRep:
    Also, sorry to ask but what experience do you have? I'm trying to gauge if what I have is enough or not! I think that's one of the things freaking me out the most!!
    I loved all the connections they have within the industry, especially the west end! They also have an amazing employ-ability rate, something like 98% of graduates have work within 6 months of leaving.
    Everyone i've spoken to says its just your enthusiasm and love for theatre that they really look for instead of experience. I know a few people who have basically done one high school production and gotten in!
    Me personally though,I've done ballet since i was 3 and i always helped out backstage on shows, i also belonged to a ballet company and helped backstage whenever i wasn't on stage. I started volunteering at my local community theatre about 6 months ago,doing basically anything from lighting and sound to set construction and just sitting round coiling wires xD
    I also have some work experience coming up at Mamma Mia on the west end.
    So if i were you i would just write to local theatres asking if you can help out/volunteer on some shows. Also send out letters/emails everywhere asking for work experience/shadowing opportunities, you never know who might offer it
    Good luck! Definitely get back in touch and tell me how it went!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! You're so sweet giving me so much advice and information. That excellent news about Mamma Mia - you will love that!! I do have experience but its all performance based, with relatively limited knowledge (except from the basics) of the technical side, i just hope thats enough!!

I have to say, as much as i'm trying to keep an open mind, LAMDA is my top choice! Its funny you mention letters and emails for work experience/shadowing opportunities as that is exactly what i'm in the process of doing

Thank you again, and again congratulations on receiving a place!!

ReputationRep:
    Performance based experience is really good as well though as it shows you know how putting on a show works from the actual performers side as well! and yeah work experience and volunteering is really good as it shows how keen you are to get involved! So i would mention that you are applying for work experience, even if you haven't fully sorted anything by your interview.

LAMDA was my top choice from the beginning, but it was also the only drama school (besides Rose Bruford) that i looked into and applied to. Everywhere else was universities.I knew i wanted to go to LAMDA and when i went to the open day i completely fell in love with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seelie-faerie)
    Performance based experience is really good as well though as it shows you know how putting on a show works from the actual performers side as well! and yeah work experience and volunteering is really good as it shows how keen you are to get involved! So i would mention that you are applying for work experience, even if you haven't fully sorted anything by your interview.

LAMDA was my top choice from the beginning, but it was also the only drama school (besides Rose Bruford) that i looked into and applied to. Everywhere else was universities.I knew i wanted to go to LAMDA and when i went to the open day i completely fell in love with it!
    I had my interview today. It wasn't nearly as terrifying as i thought! I sat in the common room waiting and the students were all so lovely! As was the panel, the questions weren't bad either! I have no idea how it went but i didn't walk out an cry on the street thinking id failed so thats a good start! haha! Now to wait ... Ill be praying to all the industry gods for the next couple of weeks until i find out! Thanks again for all your advice, you're brilliant! Hopefully ill see you in September!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview today. It wasn't nearly as terrifying as i thought! I sat in the common room waiting and the students were all so lovely! As was the panel, the questions weren't bad either! I have no idea how it went but i didn't walk out an cry on the street thinking id failed so thats a good start! haha! Now to wait ... Ill be praying to all the industry gods for the next couple of weeks until i find out! Thanks again for all your advice, you're brilliant! Hopefully ill see you in September!!!!
    I'm glad it went well! and i spoke to students in the common room as well, everyone there just seems so nice! Hopefully! Let me know when you find out!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.