Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now it's just a waiting game to see what grade i get Hopefully i'll get a first however, which will bring the overall grade of my degree up to a 2.1 overall. Wish me luck!?>!

ReputationRep:
    Well done - how many words was it? what subject are you studying and what did you write your disso about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLB with a big D)
    Post it on here for us to see.
    so you can copy it huh>? add me on facebook and i may let you see it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    Well done - how many words was it? what subject are you studying and what did you write your disso about?
    Just under 9600 words altogether, and it was a Sociological assignment, based on the illness of Schizophrenia from a number of perspectives and case studies. Including my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Just under 9600 words altogether, and it was a Sociological assignment, based on the illness of Schizophrenia from a number of perspectives and case studies. Including my own.
    cool. Well done I bet you are very relieved to have finished it. Mine is 10,000 words as well!

ReputationRep:
    And those 9600 word are why I'm choosing not to do a dissertation and take up an extra module instead next year.

ReputationRep:
    cool. Well done I bet you are very relieved to have finished it. Mine is 10,000 words as well!
    Not half. I'm just a bit nervous about the grade, but hopefully i'll get a good one. I did everything i was told apart from add an acknowledgements. What is yours on?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god argh I want to read it.

ReputationRep:
    Not half. I'm just a bit nervous about the grade, but hopefully i'll get a good one. I did everything i was told apart from add an acknowledgements. What is yours on?
    Aren't acknowledgements important?

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully you will get the grade you want. Mine is on domestic violence and the role of practitioners in supporting children & family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Aren't acknowledgements important?
    references are important. acknowledgements are just an exercise in bum kissing as far as i am concerned. And i really don't think that it will affect my grade too much, by leaving them out. After all i wrote my essay, and apart from my dad who proof read it once, i don't think i would have had anyone to mention. Plus he wsa always critical of nearly everything i wrote, so again yes, i don't think it matters too much.

If you add me on facebook i will consider sending you a copy of the final draft okay?

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully you will get the grade you want. Mine is on domestic violence and the role of practitioners in supporting children & family.
    Have you done any first direct interviews/evidence collecting? Mine was purely a desk based exercise.

ReputationRep:
    references are important. acknowledgements are just an exercise in bum kissing as far as i am concerned. And i really don't think that it will affect my grade too much, by leaving them out. After all i wrote my essay, and apart from my dad who proof read it once, i don't think i would have had anyone to mention. Plus he wsa always critical of nearly everything i wrote, so again yes, i don't think it matters too much.

If you add me on facebook i will consider sending you a copy of the final draft okay?

Sorry for a minute there I thought you meant references. Thank god you didn't. Ok how do I find you on FB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Sorry for a minute there I thought you meant references. Thank god you didn't. Ok how do I find you on FB?
    pm me okay thomb?

ReputationRep:
    Have you done any first direct interviews/evidence collecting? Mine was purely a desk based exercise.
    Nope - my disso is literature based as I have mental health problems and would really struggle to collect evidence or research from other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1RM)
    And those 9600 word are why I'm choosing not to do a dissertation and take up an extra module instead next year.
    9600 isn't really that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope - my disso is literature based as I have mental health problems and would really struggle to collect evidence or research from other people.

Have you done anything on oh what's it called??? when the abuse isn't physical but mental?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Have you done anything on oh what's it called??? when the abuse isn't physical but mental?
    yep - all the different types of abuse.... emotional/physical/sexual/financial

ReputationRep:
    Yes, getting consent and overcoming the ethics form would be a nightmare for our projects! xx

ReputationRep:
    Give me a chance.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.