Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i'm fast tracking both of them and from the few past paper questions we've done so far the exam seem easy compared to other subjects i'm doing, though i could be mislead. I was just wondering what you guys who did well did in order to do so, could be the cliche techniques, also what are WJEC like with their papers, iv'e never been with them before, thanks in advnance!

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing A2 of this subject. Memorise the mark scheme is the best advice I can give you, the same questions and answers come up over and over again. Best way to get top marks is to basically memorise the mark schemes. I got 2 A*'s in my mocks this year (year 13) because I memorised the mark scheme. All our teachers tell us to do that, it's a really simple course and subject. No other revision is necessary really, it's one of them subjects..you've got to know the stuff word for word or you won't get marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The answer Caitlin gave above is good. The best way to revise for ICT is to go through as many past papers as you can find, using the mark schemes to write model answers for each question, and then memorising them. Also learn the definitions of things really well, because if you forget to include certain key terms, you'll throw away easy marks

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for your replies. My teacher also said this, i didn't believe him because it's what all teachers will say but obviously it's very important. When doing questions on Networks i realised all the questions were pretty much the same! Do you have any revision material/ textbooks you suggest i could get in aid for the course, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    Thank you both for your replies. My teacher also said this, i didn't believe him because it's what all teachers will say but obviously it's very important. When doing questions on Networks i realised all the questions were pretty much the same! Do you have any revision material/ textbooks you suggest i could get in aid for the course, thanks
    I still have all of my past questions and model answers from when I did the course. I could send you them if you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I still have all of my past questions and model answers from when I did the course. I could send you them if you like?
    That would be awesome if you could!

ReputationRep:
    hi would it be alright if you send them to me aswell? completely understand if not
    thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    That would be awesome if you could!
    (Original post by hame)
    hi would it be alright if you send them to me aswell? completely understand if not
    thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you guys PM me your email addresses, I can email them to you

ReputationRep:
    If you guys PM me your email addresses, I can email them to you
    me too please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3001N)
    me too please!
    Can you PM me your email address please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.