The Student Room Group

How do I know my fee status once I have my offer? Please help!

Hi Everyone,

It's all sorted. They all confirmed my home fee status.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by veryhopeful
Hi Everyone,
I'm so worried!

I qualify for home fees (I'm a citizen,have been a resident years etc) but my schooling is from overseas and there are a few time gaps that I couldn't explain properly in my application so I wasn't surprised when a university asked me to fill out a fee status questionnaire (they have to be sure, right?).

Anyway I sent it off and I'm waiting on a reply. Meanwhile I have received offers (yay!) from the universities that did not send me a fee status questionnaire and I can't work out if they assumed I was home fees or international.

How can you tell from your offer? I can't agree to something I can't afford and I don't want to draw attention to it if they did assume home fees because those questionnaires are so long and complicated!

Sorry for the length!

have you spoken to student finance england?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
have you spoken to student finance england?

I haven't, but I'm not paying my first year through them (savings) so I don't know how helpful they could be? Should I still ask them?
Original post by veryhopeful
I haven't, but I'm not paying my first year through them (savings) so I don't know how helpful they could be? Should I still ask them?

They could be able to tell you if you meet the residency rules to be a home student or not .
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
They could be able to tell you if you meet the residency rules to be a home student or not .

Oh I know I meet the residency its just one uni felt they had to double check so I'm nervous that since they thought there was some doubt, what if the others assumed the wrong way?
I was hoping there'd be something where I could easily check as to what fee status the offer was under. For example if all international students are sent a deposit request with their offer or something.

Thanks for replying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending