Turn on thread page Beta

How do I know my fee status once I have my offer? Please help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

It's all sorted. They all confirmed my home fee status.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by veryhopeful)
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm so worried!

I qualify for home fees (I'm a citizen,have been a resident years etc) but my schooling is from overseas and there are a few time gaps that I couldn't explain properly in my application so I wasn't surprised when a university asked me to fill out a fee status questionnaire (they have to be sure, right?).

Anyway I sent it off and I'm waiting on a reply. Meanwhile I have received offers (yay!) from the universities that did not send me a fee status questionnaire and I can't work out if they assumed I was home fees or international.

How can you tell from your offer? I can't agree to something I can't afford and I don't want to draw attention to it if they did assume home fees because those questionnaires are so long and complicated!

Sorry for the length!
    have you spoken to student finance england?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    have you spoken to student finance england?
    I haven't, but I'm not paying my first year through them (savings) so I don't know how helpful they could be? Should I still ask them?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by veryhopeful)
    I haven't, but I'm not paying my first year through them (savings) so I don't know how helpful they could be? Should I still ask them?
    They could be able to tell you if you meet the residency rules to be a home student or not .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They could be able to tell you if you meet the residency rules to be a home student or not .
    Oh I know I meet the residency its just one uni felt they had to double check so I'm nervous that since they thought there was some doubt, what if the others assumed the wrong way?
    I was hoping there'd be something where I could easily check as to what fee status the offer was under. For example if all international students are sent a deposit request with their offer or something.

Thanks for replying!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.