Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To the anti-islamic members on here, does this make you happy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6952721.html

It's sickening

ReputationRep:
    this broke my heart. he will have gone straight to heaven to sit with the righteous.

ReputationRep:
    :sad:

This is really quite upsetting.

And demonstrates that the vision of ISIS to divide our societies and highlight that we can't live in harmony is really starting to be played out and is working.

RIP poor man.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly enough, people may dislike your culture and religion, without necessarily wishing the death of those who have views that are different to their own. If anything, this article shows hard-line Islamic intolerance in action.

ReputationRep:
    rest in peace

inb4 the racism apologists come

ReputationRep:
    thats so sad, he was probably working in that shop early hours till late to give a better future for his kids. so heart breaking :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    There is a distinction between islam the religion and islamism the ideology, the latter is what most so-called islamaphobes oppose.

That said there are some genuine anti-muslim bigots out there in the world, as this event shows. Hopefully the murderer gets put away for a very long time. This sort of thing just feeds into the ISIS narrative and it needs to stop.

ReputationRep:
    Killed by his fellows Muslims apparently, very sad.

RIP to this fine man.

ReputationRep:

omg thats so sad, poor guy man, people can be so harsh i swearrr

Heartbreaking :cry2: rabi y rahmo :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    There is a distinction between islam the religion and islamism the ideology, the latter is what most so-called islamaphobes oppose.

That said there are some genuine anti-muslim bigots out there in the world, as this event shows. Hopefully the murderer gets put away for a very long time. This sort of thing just feeds into the ISIS narrative and it needs to stop.
    But the attacker was another Muslim :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I love Lemsip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_Cat)
    Another ISIS crackhead no doubt,

Yet his point wasn't irrelevant though

Look at this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-murder.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_Cat)
    Source?

Anyway even if it is true, it makes no difference, islamists want theocracy but we have secularism. Secularism allows not just plurality of religion, but plurality within religion also. This means that there are many muslims of varying beliefs and that's absolutely fine, as long as the belief doesn't harm someone else. I would argue a Sunni muslim killing a Shia muslim is still a form of anti-muslim bigotry. It's always worth noting that ISIS kill more muslims than any other group of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this broke my heart. he will have gone straight to heaven to sit with the righteous.
    Very sad indeed

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: RIP poor man omg...

May Allah grant him a place in jannah.

We are Hearing about these attacks/murders on the news , in the papers, from others and the moment might come when it is one of us who is being attacked.

May Allah stop all this hatred and division and make the world a more peaceful place to live in. I don't want to have my future children growing up in world 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    Another ISIS crackhead no doubt,

Yet his point wasn't irrelevant though

Look at this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-murder.html
    Indeed there is sadly a lot of violence in this world, just last night another terrorist attack in Iraq. Hopefully one day the terrorism will stop and the Islamophobia will fade. I'm not holding my breath though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    Source?

Anyway even if it is true, it makes no difference, islamists want theocracy but we have secularism. Secularism allows not just plurality of religion, but plurality within religion also. This means that there are many muslims of varying beliefs and that's absolutely fine, as long as the belief doesn't harm someone else. I would argue a Sunni muslim killing a Shia muslim is still a form of anti-muslim bigotry. It's always worth noting that ISIS kill more muslims than any other group of people.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...hristians.html

ReputationRep:
    I feel devastated at this. I cant imagine the trauma and grief his family must be feeling.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.