Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would liike to have suggestions about my letter of motivation. Below, there are criteria: "In terms of motivation, selection will be based on how well the following points are developed in your letter:
    • Why do you want to study Management of International Social Challenges at Erasmus University Rotterdam?
    • Why opt for studying Management of International Social Challenges in English and in an international environment?
    • Demonstrate international orientation and experiences through your CV/ life story/ interests."

Letter of motivation
    Jérémy MFOUNDOUJune 6th, 1997
    Dear Sir and Madam,
    I am writing to applyfor the BSc in Management of International Social Challenges programme atErasmus University Rotterdam in September 2016.My name isJérémy, I am 18 years old. I was born in Paris and raised in a small town namedBruyères sur Oise sixty-four kilometers far north from Paris. I am French andCongolese. My father is from Congo and my mother is from the DR Congo. I travelledmany times in my whole life. I took part in severalschool trips to Spain, Italia. I travelled many times to Belgium, Germany and Congo. Somemembers of my family live in Belgium. I go to Belgium twice a year. I visitedGermany during my holidays in 2006 and 2007. I could practice English. Congo isfather’s born country, I visited it once in February 2012. It was a greatexperience, I discovered father’s culture and his country. These experiences allowme to meet people who are different of me. France is amulticultural country, I have grown with people who had a different culture ofmine. They practiced a different religion and culture. That made me a betterhuman-being. In my opinion living with people who are from a different countrycan make me better. As you can see I have been used to living in amulticultural environment. I havechosen this programme because it’s a multi-disciplinary program which involveseconomics, political science, and international law. By taking aninterdisciplinary approach I hope to gain a well-developed view. In mysecondary school, I am used to studying different subjects such as economicsand sociology, math, history, geography. These subjects are always interestedme, your programme allow me to study it during my studies. I would like to workfor European Commission or UN and in the future become President of EuropeanCommission or Secretary-General of UN. I would like to do this because I would liketo be a Politician whose decisions would have an impact on the world.Studyingin English would give me the opportunity to practice the language in bothacademic and professional settings. In my opinion, English is a universallanguage, it allows to speak with anybody. This language is used in internationalorganizations. Furthermore, according to me, The Netherlands and Rotterdam are a goodplace to study. The Netherlands have always interested me due to itsmulticultural society. Your university has outstanding facilities which provideto their students a stimulating environment. Therefore, the university has ahigh percentage of international students. I prefer to be among internationalstudents because it allows me to meet people from different countries.Moreover, your educational method of problem based-learning is attractive forme. Applying academic knowledge to concrete cases allow to me tostudy more effectively. Thank you for considering myapplication. I would be very pleased to be enrolled for September.

Sincerely yours,JérémyMFOUNDOU �K��a

ReputationRep:
    Hey Jeremy just wanted to let you know of the Erasmus Universite reddit I created this weekend:

https://www.reddit.com/r/uerasmus

Check it out we have 45 students already!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.