Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have accepted exeter's conditional offer and made it my firm choice on track ucas. I have realised you have to have a student ID number in order to apply for accommodation. Do I have to wait until I obtain my results and my offer is no longer conditional, to get a student ID number and apply for accommodation. However, if that is true the guarantee deadline for accommodation is July, and I obviously do not get my results until August. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on this as I am a bit confused.

Many Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there Alisha,

Your student number should be e-mailed to you after you firmly accept their choice (which you have):

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodati...ly/#collapse11

This might take a couple of days. I have also put Exeter as my firm choice (however, I will be starting from Year 2 as I am already in my first year of uni elsewhere). I have yet to receive an e-mail detailing my student ID also. So just be patient as your e-mail should come to you (and me) soon. Once you have that, you'll be allowed to apply but obviously you won't be offered accommodation until your A-level results in August. My uni exam results come out in June

It was essentially the same process when I applied for accommodation for my current uni. They e-mailed me my student ID and I went on from there.

EDIT: To answer your question, you can apply for accommodation as soon as you receive your student ID. You are supposed to apply ASAP (for a higher chance of getting the type of accommodation you want), even though your results are in August. If you achieve the required grades, they will process your accommodation application and try to offer you the one you want. If you don't get the grades, they'll simply cancel your accommodation application. Nothing to worry about. I also have a condition offer which depends on my uni exam results in June, but I still have to apply for accommodation ASAP, too.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Hey there Alisha,

Your student number should be e-mailed to you after you firmly accept their choice (which you have):

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodati...ly/#collapse11

This might take a couple of days. I have also put Exeter as my firm choice (however, I will be starting from Year 2 as I am already in my first year of uni elsewhere). I have yet to receive an e-mail detailing my student ID also. So just be patient as your e-mail should come to you (and me) soon. Once you have that, you'll be allowed to apply but obviously you won't be offered accommodation until your A-level results in August. My uni exam results come out in June

It was essentially the same process when I applied for accommodation for my current uni. They e-mailed me my student ID and I went on from there.

EDIT: To answer your question, you can apply for accommodation as soon as you receive your student ID. You are supposed to apply ASAP (for a higher chance of getting the type of accommodation you want), even though your results are in August. If you achieve the required grades, they will process your accommodation application and try to offer you the one you want. If you don't get the grades, they'll simply cancel your accommodation application. Nothing to worry about. I also have a condition offer which depends on my uni exam results in June, but I still have to apply for accommodation ASAP, too.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much this helps a lot! Good luck with every thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisha31)
    Thank you so much this helps a lot! Good luck with every thing!
    No problem and thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.