The Student Room Group

Can I still take A levels at 20 years old?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey I don't think it matters how old you are! I'm currently doing an A Level online and will do both the AS and A2 this year at my old school ( I only left last year though). It's also a fast track a level so Im doing the whole thing over 9 months. Lots of schools are happy to take external candidates and I've found self study is a good way to fit it in around other commitments!
Original post by JamesN88
The govt fund FE colleges per person for 16-19 year olds. Being that 1 year older makes all the difference.

Sorry I was just answering the question as presented.
Inexorable pointed the funding issue out.
You can do distance learning with these guys if you struggle to find a bricks and mortar college.

https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/a-levels
I have had a look, but you are going to have to decide on a map how far you will travel. the nearest college I found was nescot , but I cnat see from the prospectus whether they do the A levels you want.

If you have a funding issue, then contact their finance department and see if you are eligible for bursaries and other possible sources of finance.

I am unsure whether you would be able to apply for a career development loan or whether it has to be vocational qualifications only.
Original post by Kotarouchi
I really need to do A levels in English and French, I have no level 3 qualification and I don't want to do an access course.Is there any way I can do A levels ?

As pointed out if you need a different way of completing your A levels you could consider distance learning as an alternative. You will be able to work whenever you want and can complete the full A levels in one year if you are in a hurry.

Have a look around our website if you think it might be useful, www.nec.ac.uk

James
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending