Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does 8 minutes past the deadlines is taken seriously?

Just 2 mins before the deadlines I looked on the wrong section on moodle and didn't find the submission box so I sent it by email to my assessor/tutor 1 minute early.

8 minutes later I found the box and submitted it then emailed my tutor and told her. However she never replied.

Does that means she's not happy about it? My work is Okay however I don't want my mark to drop from bad to worse

ReputationRep:
    Late is late. You might get Zero or you might just have marks taken off.

ReputationRep:
    Could be a fail (zero marks awarded) or could have a percentage of marks taken off (e.g. 30% or capped at 60% for instance). Or they may not care.

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to online submissions, any amount of late will be taken equally seriously because you should have checked in advance how to submit your work. Similarly to physical submissions where "my printer wasn't working" isn't a valid excuse; you should have made sure in advance that you will be able to hand your work in on time. Maybe your tutor will be nice and decide to accept it as on time since you emailed it before the deadline, but that is up to her.

ReputationRep:
    I know at my uni they give a deadline to hand in work lets say 4pm and i heard they give a maximum 10 minutes leeway to hand it in as they know there is a queue at that time.

It depends how lenient your teacher is but she could say you should have submitted it earlier and emailing her a minute before the deadline is not good enough if it was an hour fair enough but it is up to her what to do with your work but if she lets you off then she may as well let everyone else who submitted 5 minutes late off too.
    You should have looked beforehand where to submit your work but i do think she won't let you off unless you had extenuating circumstances which you don't have sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Well I emailed it to her on time. That's a submission. There's a block on that project I expected my submission box to be in it. It was under different section that delayed me. If you have a block on a this project better as well include the submission box there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyway she may just do what she did before in similar occasion. Deduct the grades secretly & tell me that's what u got.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.