8 minutes past the deadlines Watch

Flexchm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does 8 minutes past the deadlines is taken seriously?

Just 2 mins before the deadlines I looked on the wrong section on moodle and didn't find the submission box so I sent it by email to my assessor/tutor 1 minute early.

8 minutes later I found the box and submitted it then emailed my tutor and told her. However she never replied.

Does that means she's not happy about it? My work is Okay however I don't want my mark to drop from bad to worse
GoodScran
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Late is late. You might get Zero or you might just have marks taken off.
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could be a fail (zero marks awarded) or could have a percentage of marks taken off (e.g. 30% or capped at 60% for instance). Or they may not care.
Nadile
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When it comes to online submissions, any amount of late will be taken equally seriously because you should have checked in advance how to submit your work. Similarly to physical submissions where "my printer wasn't working" isn't a valid excuse; you should have made sure in advance that you will be able to hand your work in on time. Maybe your tutor will be nice and decide to accept it as on time since you emailed it before the deadline, but that is up to her.
chikane
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know at my uni they give a deadline to hand in work lets say 4pm and i heard they give a maximum 10 minutes leeway to hand it in as they know there is a queue at that time.

It depends how lenient your teacher is but she could say you should have submitted it earlier and emailing her a minute before the deadline is not good enough if it was an hour fair enough but it is up to her what to do with your work but if she lets you off then she may as well let everyone else who submitted 5 minutes late off too.
You should have looked beforehand where to submit your work but i do think she won't let you off unless you had extenuating circumstances which you don't have sorry.
Flexchm
Rep:
?
Well I emailed it to her on time. That's a submission. There's a block on that project I expected my submission box to be in it. It was under different section that delayed me. If you have a block on a this project better as well include the submission box there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Flexchm
Rep:
?
Anyway she may just do what she did before in similar occasion. Deduct the grades secretly & tell me that's what u got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (118)
17.72%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.51%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (117)
17.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (64)
9.61%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
29.73%

Watched Threads