Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to start Winchester University this year, can anyone tell me what the night life is like?

ReputationRep:
    Well:

Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm at Winchester at the moment and this is something I was worried about before I started. I'm not going to lie, Winchester doesn't have the clubs that other uni's do, however it really is a case of if you go out with the right people, then you can have the best time! BOP on a Wednesday is a must if you are in a society and that's at the SU and then there's Vodka on a tues, thurs and friday (which is a bit of a dive but the only club in town so we have to work with what we are given!). There are other bars in town and lots of people just go to the pub (the county is literally across the road from the West Downs campus). So yeah its as good as you make it really but me and my friends definitely have lots of fun here!

ReputationRep:
    I'm due to start at Winchester in September too. I've heard that it's quite a small place but it's pretty easy to get to Southampton which is supposed to have a really good nightlife!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylay)
    I am looking to start Winchester University this year, can anyone tell me what the night life is like?
    I'm late to the party but yeah, what the other guy said. You can have a great time doing bar crawls, drinking in the SU, house parties or commuting to Southampton. Have a cracking time and I'll see ya there :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else not keen on alcohol/doesn't drink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    Anyone else not keen on alcohol/doesn't drink?
    yess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganwalker)
    yess
    oh cool!
    what course are you doing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.