Turn on thread page Beta

AQA MS1B Wednesday 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Wanna buy some loom bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirelis)
    how did you do that binomial one with p as 0.8..? I got 0.0127 which looks wrong but I'm tryna figure out if I'd maybe salvage some working marks :/
    I think i might of got that to. i did x is equal or smaller than 6 + x is equal or bigger than 15/16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by douglaswill)
    I think i might of got that to. i did x is equal or smaller than 6 + x is equal or bigger than 15/16.
    0.8 not in the table so you have to use 0.2 and invert the inequalities. Gives you P(Y≤14) – P(Y≤5) = 0.8913

ReputationRep:
    I did use 0.2, but just didn't use the correct inequalities it would seem? How many marks do you think I would get?

ReputationRep:
    Thats incorrect
    Using p as 0.8 with n 50 on my calculator for p(x<44)-p(x<35) (less than or equal to btw)
    Gave me a very small number 0.0127. This is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number Nine)
    Wanna buy some loom bands
    only if they arent yellow or green???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsekid)
    Thats incorrect
    Using p as 0.8 with n 50 on my calculator for p(x<44)-p(x<35) (less than or equal to btw)
    Gave me a very small number 0.0127. This is correct
    yeh I got something like that. There seams to be a lot of different possible answers to this one. Some say that it is 0.8 something and some say it is 0.0127. This is really annoying me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by douglaswill)
    yeh I got something like that. There seams to be a lot of different possible answers to this one. Some say that it is 0.8 something and some say it is 0.0127. This is really annoying me!!!
    If you think about it, if there is a 0.8 chance of something happening (not getting yellow or white), and you do it 50 times, the chances are you will get it 30ish - 45ish times. Thus, getting such a small probability is unlikely to be correct.

P.S. For the guy who said he used 0.8 in binomial, you can use binomial tables where p > 0.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    only if they arent yellow or green???
    I'll have 0.18 red loom bands please

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone write up the paper again? I would like to redo the paper again and compare it to the unofficial mark scheme.. please!! Especially Q3, loom bands and confidence interval questions.Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone link the the complete unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uz2y)
    Can someone link the the complete unofficial markscheme?
    I've tried my best http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4150021

ReputationRep:
    I hate stats me !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.