Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my friend is trying to set me up, help Watch

So I have been talking to this guy for 9 months now from my CiDA class. We get on really well and have alot of the same intrests but I really only like him as a friend.

My friends noticed me chatting to him in pe, cida and out of class and teased me for a while but stopped when I told them it was making me quite anxious

More recently another friend who is his friend too started saying things like " Doesn't (guys name) coat look nice, (my name) He looks really nice doesn't he."

I ignored it at the time but looking back I think she was hinting. Today she asked if I wanted to meet up with her and him in the holiday and I said yes, but now im worried that it will be awkward. He is a really nice guy and all but I have no romantic feelings for him and dont want to ruin our friendship.

Tbh im not really attracted to anyone (guys or girls) and starting to think that I might be aromatic.
    I dont know what to do

I spelt aromantic wrong i was on mobile when i typed this

ReputationRep:
    Text her and just say it straight, don't make it weird, you don't like him like that, it'll really annoy you if that's what she's gonna do.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    aromatic made me lol. Just tell him you like him just as a friend. No confusion and no further anxiousness.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your friend what you told us on here.

Okay ill try, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I have been talking to this guy for 9 months now from my CiDA class. We get on really well and have alot of the same intrests but I really only like him as a friend.

My friends noticed me chatting to him in pe, cida and out of class and teased me for a while but stopped when I told them it was making me quite anxious

More recently another friend who is his friend too started saying things like " Doesn't (guys name) coat look nice, (my name) He looks really nice doesn't he."

I ignored it at the time but looking back I think she was hinting. Today she asked if I wanted to meet up with her and him in the holiday and I said yes, but now im worried that it will be awkward. He is a really nice guy and all but I have no romantic feelings for him and dont want to ruin our friendship.

Tbh im not really attracted to anyone (guys or girls) and starting to think that I might be aromatic.
    I dont know what to do
    Hmmm u might be aromatic? Is that the chemistry term or just trying to say that you smell? Maybe get a wash and put some perfume on and you might find other people attractive.

You know i didnt mean that and i said in the first comment that i miss spelled it
    Please if you havent got anything helpful to say go away. This is really stressing me out and i came on here because i have no one to talk about it with, not to get stupid answers!

Prefume isnt going to make me have romantic feelings towards people either...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.