Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to motivate yourself to revise for subjects you hate? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sounds silly but is everyone else unable to bring themselves to revise for subjects they can't stand? How do you overcome this?
    For me, revising for things such as pride and prejudice seem impossible - it's 13:30 and I still can't force myself to start :/

ReputationRep:
    10 minutes of game, 5 minutes of work, 10 minutes of game, 5 minutes of work.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Imagine yourself failing your exam- how does hat make you feel/Waht difference does it make to your prospects?

Everyone has bits they find hard or boring. In the past I tended to stryctire my revision, so spread the unpleasant stuff out and alternated with soemthing i did like studying.

Not sure how well you know P&P, if you dont know it watch the film, then think about what your revision notes have to be such as themes and characters. If you absolutely cant, then do soemthing else, but realise at some stage you will need to bite the bullet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...roseprideprej/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Do it in tiny chunks, its the only way i did any revision for the r.e gcse my school forced us to do.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't motivate to do revision for my core science B1 so I put it off and yesterday I realised that if I don't do it I could fail so I spent 5 hours doing revision notes and past papers 😂🌼
    Make sure you have a break every so often and set yourself some goals like do the first bit, take a break and then come back to it x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A* = Average
    A = Acceptable
    B = Bad
    C = Cretin
    D = Dreadful
    E = Execrable
    F = Fallacious
    G = Ghastly
    U = Unacceptable

Power through it. It isn't too late to start, but we wouldn't want you ending up like this now, would we?Remember, you are the one responsible for your revision. Remove everything you think will be a distraction. Everything. Gone. Byee. Seeya. Revise, but don't revise for too long. Treat yourself! ...in between revision sessions, but do so responsibly. Your revision is singly the only thing which is going to get you through your exams. Nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Sounds silly but is everyone else unable to bring themselves to revise for subjects they can't stand? How do you overcome this?
    For me, revising for things such as pride and prejudice seem impossible - it's 13:30 and I still can't force myself to start :/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU

EDIT: If thats not enough, imagine this being you after results day xD:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.