Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My view on batman vs superman: Dawn of justice (spoiler) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the new Batman vs Superman movie even though I found the second half of the film boring, the friendly trio basically fighting Doomsday who looks like the villain in the last Incredible Hulk movie so for me this villain was nothing new. I felt the second half of the movie especially against Doomsday was a cgi fest although the cgi was good it was still that a cgi-fest so nothing redeeming about it.

I enjoy many Zack Snyder films so this is not surprising from 300 to watchmen and men of steel and although I enjoyed much of the first half of this movie even bits of the second. I felt for a 2hr movie the film was overly serious, I mean there wasn't one scene for levity no laughs whatsoever perhaps this is what DC wants in order to differentiate itself from Marvel studios. However, after watching this although I enjoyed it I question to myself why bother watching a solo sequal of any of the DC characters outside Batman, Superman and maybe Wonder Woman, the other characters are just not as interesting and this film is basically an example of what a future justice league movie will be like and to be honest it wasn't brilliant. When I left the avengers movie I felt much more happy, for me this was just a very good action movie with superman and batman thrown in. It's a movie for the DC diehard fans and perhaps they would be mostly happy with it but I think it left me wanting more and not in a good way.

I say it's worth a watch but for me there is no reason to see any solo sequal's unless you are a diehard DC fan. A justice league sequal I would see but not solo, this I think presents DC with a problem movie universe wise , if a comic fan like me won't even bother with solo sequals what hope do they actually have for the DC film universe?

I give the movie 4/5 stars one of the best things about this movie as with man of steel was the soundtrack, once again they done a good job.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I agree the second half of the film was lacklustre, but the first half wasn't brilliant either in my opinion. There were too many side stories.
    Also Lex Luthor isn't supposed to act like that right? From the comics I've read, he's very serious, whereas in this movie he acts like the Joker.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I found Batman's hate for Superman really unconvincing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    I enjoyed the new Batman vs Superman movie even though I found the second half of the film boring, the friendly trio basically fighting Doomsday who looks like the villain in the last Incredible Hulk movie so for me this villain was nothing new. I felt the second half of the movie especially against Doomsday was a cgi fest although the cgi was good it was still that a cgi-fest so nothing redeeming about it.

I enjoy many Zack Snyder films so this is not surprising from 300 to watchmen and men of steel and although I enjoyed much of the first half of this movie even bits of the second. I felt for a 2hr movie the film was overly serious, I mean there wasn't one scene for levity no laughs whatsoever perhaps this is what DC wants in order to differentiate itself from Marvel studios. However, after watching this although I enjoyed it I question to myself why bother watching a solo sequal of any of the DC characters outside Batman, Superman and maybe Wonder Woman, the other characters are just not as interesting and this film is basically an example of what a future justice league movie will be like and to be honest it wasn't brilliant. When I left the avengers movie I felt much more happy, for me this was just a very good action movie with superman and batman thrown in. It's a movie for the DC diehard fans and perhaps they would be mostly happy with it but I think it left me wanting more and not in a good way.

I say it's worth a watch but for me there is no reason to see any solo sequal's unless you are a diehard DC fan. A justice league sequal I would see but not solo, this I think presents DC with a problem movie universe wise , if a comic fan like me won't even bother with solo sequals what hope do they actually have for the DC film universe?

I give the movie 4/5 stars one of the best things about this movie as with man of steel was the soundtrack, once again they done a god job.
    oky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I found Batman's hate for Superman really unconvincing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, every diehard DC fan goes on about how intelligent Batman is , he is so intelligent he can take down superman but not intelligent enough to believe in Alfred and make peace with Superman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    I agree the second half of the film was lacklustre, but the first half wasn't brilliant either in my opinion. There were too many side stories.
    Also Lex Luthor isn't supposed to act like that right? From the comics I've read, he's very serious, whereas in this movie he acts like the Joker.
    Probably Lex is not supposed to act like that but this didn't really bother me I actually liked his character perhaps they could have explained a bit more why he is so psychotic though barely got any back-story for him. I see nothing wrong in them refreshing the character this is a young Lex so makes sense.

As for your first comment on the side stories , welcome to DC where they do a rush job in order to compete with Marvel who I must say they will never catch up with in the movie universe.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    The Lex in the film was Lex Luthor Jr.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of the worst films I've ever seen and,in terms of superhero movies, whilst slightly better than the revamp of Fantastic 4, the original Fantastic 4 movies, Green Lantern and Daredevil are much better, enjoyable movies.

For the avoidance of doubt, poster above, that was indeed Lex Luthor - he was only Lex Luthor Jr in the marketing materials - Lex Luthor Jr IS Lex Luthor in the comics.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/batman-...ish-qualities/

Eisenberg said he went back to early comics and tried to put his own spin on Lex Luthor when he had hair.

His portrayal of Lex as a coked out Jim Carey aside, there was no action until the 1 hour 30 mark. And the movie itself was exactly like the trailers - just as choppy with very little new content.

You have to be pretty stupid to enjoy this movie because that's what the studio's ideal audience is. It is cynical of people's intelligence. They believe if they bill "Batman v Superman" everyone will come running no matter what they do or how sloppily they write it. Lex Luthor is able to give commands to the Kryptonian ship,the ship obeys him, Lex knows how to create Doomsday, Lois Lane needs to be saved every 5 seconds otherwise she'll get kidnapped or will fall drown or explode again, Superman is flying Doomsday into space and it's working so the government decides to nuke him above a city...above a bloody city and the nuke catches up to them superspeeding despite the fact they're already entering the atmosphere. Why is Lex doing this, why is Wonder Woman after a photograph of all things, why is she here now, why do people blame Superman for things which have nothing to do with him like people killing each other with guns, why do Superman and Batman suddenly become super friends so quickly? Don't think about it.

The film poses questions like if the world needs Superman and then abandons it as a theme 5 minutes later - the movie has all the philosophical depth of an angsty teenager who has just discovered Nietzsche after being grounded.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    The Lex in the film was Lex Luthor Jr.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh, I certainly didn't pay enough attention to the film then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneTrueEvian)
    One of the worst films I've ever seen and,in terms of superhero movies, whilst slightly better than the revamp of Fantastic 4, the original Fantastic 4 movies, Green Lantern and Daredevil are much better, enjoyable movies.

For the avoidance of doubt, poster above, that was indeed Lex Luthor - he was only Lex Luthor Jr in the marketing materials - Lex Luthor Jr IS Lex Luthor in the comics.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/batman-...ish-qualities/

Eisenberg said he went back to early comics and tried to put his own spin on Lex Luthor when he had hair.

His portrayal of Lex as a coked out Jim Carey aside, there was no action until the 1 hour 30 mark. And the movie itself was exactly like the trailers - just as choppy with very little new content.

You have to be pretty stupid to enjoy this movie because that's what the studio's ideal audience is. It is cynical of people's intelligence. They believe if they bill "Batman v Superman" everyone will come running no matter what they do or how sloppily they write it. Lex Luthor is able to give commands to the Kryptonian ship,the ship obeys him, Lex knows how to create Doomsday, Lois Lane needs to be saved every 5 seconds otherwise she'll get kidnapped or will fall drown or explode again, Superman is flying Doomsday into space and it's working so the government decides to nuke him above a city...above a bloody city and the nuke catches up to them superspeeding despite the fact they're already entering the atmosphere. Why is Lex doing this, why is Wonder Woman after a photograph of all things, why is she here now, why do people blame Superman for things which have nothing to do with him like people killing each other with guns, why do Superman and Batman suddenly become super friends so quickly? Don't think about it.

The film poses questions like if the world needs Superman and then abandons it as a theme 5 minutes later - the movie has all the philosophical depth of an angsty teenager who has just discovered Nietzsche after being grounded.
    That description is probably correct what's funny is that people who could be described as DC fanboys were stating this was a great film before the movie was even out. I look forward to hearing this ridiculous praise for the film again, I went into the cinema to giving this film a chance not going in there hating it or expecting a flop. I am a comic and batmen fan myself and loved the dark knight series but this film did not do it for me on many levels. Men of steel first watch in cinema I did not like but the film did grow on me and now am a fan of the film even though that itself had issues. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of justice has no chance of growing on me at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.