Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I'm currently in year 11. I am in the final stretch of choosing my A levels and stuck with what to choose. I really hope to go to a medical school. I am definitely studying biology and chemistry to the full A Level, but stuck between maths and history as to which I will just do at AS. I enjoy both but probably history slightly more. So will doing bio, Chem and history to full A level and maths to AS limit my options? Or would you recommend doing history as the AS?

many thanks,
    Abbi.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Abbi b)
    Hello!
    I'm currently in year 11. I am in the final stretch of choosing my A levels and stuck with what to choose. I really hope to go to a medical school. I am definitely studying biology and chemistry to the full A Level, but stuck between maths and history as to which I will just do at AS. I enjoy both but probably history slightly more. So will doing bio, Chem and history to full A level and maths to AS limit my options? Or would you recommend doing history as the AS?

many thanks,
    Abbi.
    It won't make any difference (unless you have a burning desire to apply to Cambridge). Pick the subject which you enjoy the most and are most likely to get an A in.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya welcome to the student room!

First of all Biology, chemistry and maths/physics to the full a-level will allow you to apply to all UK medical schools.

Deciding to study history instead of maths will not hurt your application whatsoever as long as you are not applying to the universities which require that math/physics a-level.

There are loads of great websites comparing med school entry requirements, TSR's is great and updated regularly http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-requirement

As you're in year 11 I would suggest taking Bio,chem, maths and history, and based on your AS results and the uni you want to go to, drop accordingly.

Best of luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.