Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I was wondering if I could get someone to clear a couple of questions I have about doing a Doctorate?

    I am looking to do a Doctorate in Music in the future. Do I need a masters degree? Where is the best country to do it?

    To do a PhD in Music in the UK you will need a Masters degree, especially if you are applying for funding from the AHRC.

    What do you mean by 'best'? Clearly this depends on finding a Uni with staff interested in your specialist research interest.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.