Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the exact degree I want to do around fashion, so am going to do a one-year uni foundation course but can't find out if I can apply for a loan/maintenance grant for it in the same way as if it was a full three-year degree, which is what I'd be doing after though at another institution. Everything I've read seems to be about a full degree.
    Would be grateful for any suggestions or links.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bunny1998)
    I'm not sure about the exact degree I want to do around fashion, so am going to do a one-year uni foundation course but can't find out if I can apply for a loan/maintenance grant for it in the same way as if it was a full three-year degree, which is what I'd be doing after though at another institution. Everything I've read seems to be about a full degree.
    Would be grateful for any suggestions or links.
    It sounds like you're taking about an art/design foundation diploma (not a foundation degree - these are 2 years long and equivalent to an HND).

If that's the case then these courses are classed as Level 3 qualifications - equivalent to A levels and so aren't eligible for university funding. If you're 19 or under then you will have your fees covered. If your 19+ then you can take out a loan to cover the fees.

However for living costs you have less options. Most students take a FAD at their local college and so live at home for the year. If you're leaving home then you might be eligible for income support and/or bursaries from the college/university you're studying with.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.